Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R & R Hall of Fame? I am done!

HammondDave

Once again, Deep Purple snubbed...

Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt in.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiss? Really? Just because someone spits fire out of his mouth...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt in.

How many of these threads have you started? Why do you expect anything to change? :)

Besides, it's called Hall of Fame, not Hall of Great Talent. The two aren't necessarily congruent.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think Linda Ronstadt is a no-brainer but Hall & Oates? I have nothing against their tunes, but I was rooting for Yes, I think they really merit it, surprised that they didn't make it.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

You are right... It's only about popularity. Deep Purple has only produced 20 albums and have been performing for fifty years. Why would they be more popular than Kiss?

I think Linda Ronstadt is a no-brainer but Hall & Oates? I have nothing against their tunes, but I was rooting for Yes, I think they really merit it, surprised that they didn't make it.
From hits alone, H&O goes in before Linda....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Because they have sold out stadiums worldwide and kept several generations of fans happy. Brilliant iconic marketing from day one. KISS is a one-of-a-kind party-rock machine and they deserve their place in the Hall Of Fame.

and another snub for The Captain and Tonnelle...

Hey, don't screw with The Captain! He was a Hammond player!

Because they have sold out stadiums worldwide and kept several generations of fans happy. Brilliant iconic marketing from day one. KISS is a one-of-a-kind party-rock machine and they deserve their place in the Hall Of Fame.

Yeah, it would have been cool if it was original. Alice Cooper wore makeup and created great theatre rock and fire effects long before Kiss put on their high heels...

Hall and Oates are not bad musicians and have a great band. True they have that soul edge and went more pop in the early 1980's but they deserve to be there.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Its the R & R hall of lame, shame and blame untill I see Vanilla Fudge, Humble Pie and Foghat on the list . This bull about only a few artists a year is a marketing gimmick to keep the story going. I boycott the whole idea until the "working mans bands" such as I have named get recognized. Like cotton, these bands are the fabric of my life.

FunMachine.

Alice was inducted in 2011. :D

Yes I know... My point is originality.

DP were pioneers in both the 60's classical rock and the 70's English Metal Rock movements. Many people say that without In Rock you would have never had some of the great Zep tunes.

And Machine Head?

Ok, I am really done now...

(That self imposed gun shot you hear will be when Timberlake and Bieber are inducted)

+1

Punishment for making us all listen to the riff from "Smoke On the Water" in the guitar section of every music store in the world over, and over, and over, and over....I'll never forgive them. :)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Punishment for making us all listen to the riff from "Smoke On the Water" in the guitar section of every music store in the world over, and over, and over, and over....I'll never forgive them. :)

Now THAT made me laugh... And now I understand.

Did Ritchie piss on someone's boots?

If you have to ask, you don't know enough about Deep Purple! :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

in addition, "The Hall of Fame chose Bruce Springsteen's backup group The E Street Band for the Award for Musical Excellence." Bruce himself been in since last century.

:nopity:

Did Ritchie piss on someone's boots?

If you have to ask, you don't know enough about Deep Purple! :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What an opportunity missed! Who would want to miss something like this? (Nigel Tuffnel anyone?)

[video:youtube]

Oh Heck if you want to put talent in the RnR HOF. ( Or is the Machine in?)

I would rather wat Gloria than a bunch of dudes playing prog/ classic rock. :laugh:

At least that is what I am into this morning.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is very politically and financially driven by the executive committee. In many cases talent or contributions to the industry don't count. They should rename it The Rock and Pop Hall of Fame because that is what the Hall really is the way it is being run today.

What an opportunity missed! Who would want to miss something like this? (Nigel Tuffnel anyone?)

OMG! Until his missus started talking, I genuinely thought this was a spoof.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

OMG! Until his missus started talking, I genuinely thought this was a spoof.

And she could be David St. Hubbins' wife in the movie!

I love it when he says that people who talk all the time usually are saying nothing. He should look into the mirror.

Archived