Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New- Chick Corea master class

Ybyb

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting, useful and well done - and the price is right. :D

Only thing, I wouldn't have called it a "Chick Corea Master Class", as one is leaded to believe that it's Chick in person.

Anyway, it's masterfully done and enjoyable. Thank you!

Re: "master Class" . Master Class usually always means the named artist is holding court. Regulars to Dave Frank's excellent courses know that he is just breaking the tricks and licks down to an understandable level. Frank is exceptional.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Dave, these videos and this one in particular are great. Funny, too. :D

Might I ask why you use Ybyb instead of Dave Frank or Dave Frank Jazz as your username on here?

I just had a thought of something that might be cool. I'd love to know where Chick might have gotten some of these techniques from. That could be a class in itself. Where did things like "Ten Drummers" or Cycled Harmonies come from? Did someone do this technique before Chick? What earlier ideas did Chick take and advance to what he does now and how? Etc.

Not only would that be interesting history, but it could give us some more fundamental approaches to what he's doing that we could study and hopefully bring ourselves to more of a level where we could start touching on what he's doing.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey Dave, wonderful Master Class! Really enjoyed it. Now are these terms you use "Modal Interchange" etc. commonly used or are they your own inventions? Just wondering for communications purposes.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

• 1 month later...
As much as Chick crossed over into electronic jazz and became a pioneering electronic keyboardist I don't recall him ever playing a Hammond.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived