Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Played a clavinet for the first time :)

tucktronix

Hi guys,

I've been playing keys for the better part of 28 years. During those years, it's been mostly ROMplers/synths with some B3, M3, CV, Moog Opus 3, Farfisa and a Rhodes Stage 73. But never in my life have I ever played a real Clavinet.. until a week ago.

I've been in the studio for the last few weeks laying down some keyboard tracks for a blues singer's latest CD. There was one tune that I wanted to lay some clav parts on. The first take was done using a pedal-wah clav patch from my Casio PX-5S, with BTW sounded pretty authentic in its own right. There was a D6 in the studio and the drummer/producer wanted to add a track of a real Clavinet. Had the D6 patched thru a wah pedal, amplified thru a Fender amp(don't recall the model) and I was in heaven!

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky dog. That's the one keyboard on my list of "must play" that I have not.

:thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

everybody should play a real clavinet at least once in their lifetime.

got a message from a friend yesterday, he wanted to know who makes the best aftermarket clavinet pickups. they have a band coming into the studio in January and their clav needs work.

I told him he could borrow one of mine.

I saw another one (non-functioning, of course) on craigslist recently, but have so far resisted the urge to call, since I already have 4 of them, and only 2 are working. :crazy:

never in my life have I ever played a real Clavinet.. until a week ago. There was a D6 in the studio and the drummer/producer wanted to add a track of a real Clavinet. Had the D6 patched thru a wah pedal, amplified thru a Fender amp(don't recall the model) and I was in heaven!

well, there you have it. I was visited by another forum member 2 weeks ago who had never played a clavinet, didn't know that until he told me so while playing my E7. I'm running mine through a 4 x 10 sealed back Fender Bassman now, gives it a raunchier tone than the 2 x 12 open back Twin Reverb I was using previously. Fun, fun, fun. :D

:nopity:

Archived