Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bah "Hum Buzz" coming from my Kurzweil PC3K7

rickzjamm

Does anybody know how I can get rid of an annoying "hum' coming from my PC3K7? I even notice a similar buzz from my Kurz SP4, is this a Kurz thang or something more dubious? And yes I had the sound man check the other instruments & did the ground lift ritual. What's up?
You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi bluzeyone

Hit me up via the form below:

http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Let me know

-about your connections (in detail)? what is connected to what, type of cables, etc

-if this hum is present all the time or at random?

-present in headphone outs too (listening with headphones)?

I'll get you going.

/JB

Jean Robert Bellefeuille

Manager of Technical and Customer Support

Kurzweil Music Systems

support at kurzweil dot com

www.kurzweil.com

Bluzeyone, thanks for the great suggestion on the hum eliminator. I'm going to try it & also touch base with kurztech911 JB. The frequency of the hum is around a G3 & is consistent whether I'm using a DI or a Y cable ( L/R qrtr. inch to XLR male) & it's in the headphone outs too. I'm crossing my fingers the hum eliminator will do the trick.

Left & right quarter inch cable (two male ends) go into a single XLR male, eliminating the need for a DI & getting a stereo out. Works great with everything else ( Nord & Roland; Roland L/R XLR outs are built into their board already - wish everybody else would do this) until I put it on the Kurz. then it's buzzy city!! Just wasn't sure if other people experience the same issue. I ordered the Hum Eliminator, will keep you posted.

I just started using a mixer with a PA.. not a ready made type PA, but one I have to plug a lot of stuff in.. 3 powered speakers, mixer,

I am concerned about hum.. so far none.. but one of these days! Does this $85 device act as a hum eliminator for dumbies? I don't understand ground loops and whatever other things cause hum. Maybe you can start a thread on this topic?

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Its pretty basic. Have to be for me to utilize! :laugh: I was first introduced to it in 2000ish. It even covered them honky-tonks with poor power and beer signs infamous 60 cycle. My rig was clean, clean. Even when having to run a quarter inch a far distance(rare occasion but sometimes unavoidable) That was over ten years ago. I imagine they even are more effective now.

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Left & right quarter inch cable (two male ends) go into a single XLR male, eliminating the need for a DI & getting a stereo out. Works great with everything else ( Nord & Roland; Roland L/R XLR outs are built into their board already - wish everybody else would do this) until I put it on the Kurz. then it's buzzy city!! Just wasn't sure if other people experience the same issue. I ordered the Hum Eliminator, will keep you posted.

?????

Makes no sense to me....

The Kurz has balanced outputs on TRS, right?

You need a TRS to XLR adaptor cable (or 2 for L and R), that's it.

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

I hooked it up to a DI as well & flipped the ground lift, no luck. The sound man's pretty knowledgeable, he tried several scenarios but the hum was relentless. I realize many factors can also come into play. Some good suggestions though... thanks.

Archived