Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The greatest two guitar rock band in history

Sharkman

I really tried to watch Some Kind of Monster, to get a sense of what they were doing, or thought they were doing. Every time they'd start on a new tune, I'd listen to the guitars, and nod my head - then Hetfield would open his mouth, and I was done with it. I don't think I ever got to the end of the movie.

BTW, if we're talking 3-guitar bands, I vote for Wishbone Ash.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
personally i am not a huge Metallica fan though Master of Puppets is a fine piece of work. i have always been a big Megadeth fan even with the line up changes over the years.

Master of Puppets, to me, is the greatest metal album ever made. Too bad none of the rest of their stuff remotely lives up to the standard that record sets...

personally i am not a huge Metallica fan though Master of Puppets is a fine piece of work. i have always been a big Megadeth fan even with the line up changes over the years.

Master of Puppets, to me, is the greatest metal album ever made. Too bad none of the rest of their stuff remotely lives up to the standard that record sets...

Though MOP is a great metal album, i still have to say Rust In Peace is my number one metal album.

Though MOP is a great metal album, i still have to say Rust In Peace is my number one metal album.

We can respectfully agree to disagree on that one. :thu:

I could never get past Mustaine's voice. PSBWB was a fun record, but his singing just grated on my nerves after a while, to the point where I couldn't stand to listen to it anymore.

I personally like to hear a rhythm guitar in the background holding down a groove while a lead is being played or a little noodling going on. The Skynyrd boys, Kieth, and Malcom were good at it. Also, there is so much more to rhythm guitar than just strumming chords.

Tom Petty comes to mind...

I personally like to hear a rhythm guitar in the background holding down a groove while a lead is being played or a little noodling going on. The Skynyrd boys, Kieth, and Malcom were good at it. Also, there is so much more to rhythm guitar than just strumming chords.

Tom Petty comes to mind...

:thu:

Les Paul Studio Deluxe, '74 Guild S100, '64 Strat, JCM 900 Combo, Peavey Classic 30 1x12, Peavey Classic 30 Head, CBG

We can respectfully agree to disagree on that one. :thu:

I could never get past Mustaine's voice. PSBWB was a fun record, but his singing just grated on my nerves after a while, to the point where I couldn't stand to listen to it anymore.

a lot of people have issues with Dave's voice. i like his gritty pissed off delivery though. fits the lyrical content IMHO. definitely unique

Archived