Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WWII Guitar

haywired2

This might have been posted before, but I ran across it the other day. I thought it was cool. And, yes, I want one :thu:

http://www.schroederguitars.com/sites/default/files/images/model/IMG_7027_0.jpg

http://www.schroederguitars.com/world-war-ii-inspired-gi-guitar-jason-z-schroeder

Les Paul Studio Deluxe, '74 Guild S100, '64 Strat, JCM 900 Combo, Peavey Classic 30 1x12, Peavey Classic 30 Head, CBG

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only problem is with the headstock design. Looks out of place with the rest of the "war era" materials and accessory stuff they used. But that's a small consideration beside the outstanding and ingenious work done to make this guitar.

And I'll call Elizabeth for ANY information I can get! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

The canvas top is something I've never seen before. sweet looking guitar!

I like the canvas top too, plus the name stenciled on the upper part of the body :thu:

Les Paul Studio Deluxe, '74 Guild S100, '64 Strat, JCM 900 Combo, Peavey Classic 30 1x12, Peavey Classic 30 Head, CBG

I like the rifle butt plate on the back and the dog tag truss rod access cover! Walnut neck, ebony board with 12th fret stamp, open back tuners, wood cargo case, etc., too much to list...

:thu: Yep, too much to list. I like the pickguard made from aircraft sheet metal down to the strap.

It looks like Rosie the riveter put that pick guard on and I dig those bakelite pickup covers and radio knobs...I think It should have a bayonet! I didn't know they might have made a Les Paul using Sapele wood back in the 50's? It's a great African tone wood for guitars which is becoming popular. No worries about rare woods as it's found in abundance. I have 3 guitars made out of Sapele... :thu:
Take care, Larryz

What a beautiful work of functional art! Wow. It sounds great, too! :cool:

That oiled walnut neck looks very inviting...

And I'll call Elizabeth for ANY information I can get! ;)

Oh, yeah! Me, too! What a bombshell, she looks like she came straight off the nose of a B-52... !

You and I might fight over her! ;):D:thu:

Hey... my wonderful Grrrlfriend's name is Elizabeth;

yesterday (12/11/'13) marks five months now since we first met... :)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'm curious as to what tonal ramifications the canvas top brings along with its killer aesthetics. Anybody got a clue? I've done some research on the tolexing of amps and something said somewhere that when you put tolex on the cab, it will make the wood not resonate as well as it would if you left it bare.

I wonder if the canvas on this would be doing anything to kill the tone or not... It could depend on whether they actually glued the canvas to the top or only stretched it and fastened it down with the screw-on binding.

I'm sure the tent canvas is more about art than function. Kind of like ZZ top's twirling fur guitars, the fuzz might get in the way of the tone a little, but that ain't gonna stop them...

Yes, I'm sure that that's the main reason why they did it, but I'm just curious as to the other effects it has.

I'm curious as to what tonal ramifications the canvas top brings along with its killer aesthetics.

Anybody got a clue? I've done some research on the tolexing

of amps and something said somewhere that when you put tolex

on the cab, it will make the wood not resonate as well as it would if you left it bare.

I wonder if the canvas on this would be doing anything to kill the tone or not... It could depend on

whether they actually glued the canvas to the top or only stretched it and fastened it down with

the screw-on binding.

I thought the same thing; but from the three minute-mark onward in the YouTube video there,

that guitar can be heard in two or more player's hands in the backing music- and I'd have to say,

it sounds VERY GOOD, in spite of the canvas covering!

Two thoughts: 'The proof is in the pudding',

and

'The most important ingredient in ANY recipe is ALWAYS the COOK'.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived