Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any organ pros check out the KRS06 for Kronos?

PinkFloydDudi

On the korg forums, people are really raving about the sounds. Needless to say, obviously biased opinions over there. From the reviews, I was ready to buy it as a new sample set - then saw that the price was....FREE!

Can't wait to DL it tonight and load it up, but wondering if it really is living up to the hype it is seeming to get over there?

Korg KRS 06 CX3

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man time flies, I thought this was just a couple weeks ago. Anyway here's a whole thread about this from Nov 7:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2541988/Kronos_Software_Version_2_1_im#Post2541988

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

This is a project that Jerry headed. He made magic with these registration. What a great product, and it's FREE! Hard to beat that!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The improvement is substantial...enough so that I've stopped looking for a dedicated clone for my Genesis tribute band.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

The improvement is substantial...enough so that I've stopped looking for a dedicated clone for my Genesis tribute band.

Awesome!

Soooooo....does this eliminate or reduce the benefit one would get from adding a Vent to the setup? Or would that still be an even bigger boost of awesomeness on top of the new CX3 engine?

I think the main improvements were to the C/V, overdrive and Leslie simulation. The OD and Leslie are a lot better, so whether you'd want a vent really depends on your application. Because I'm mostly using this for Genesis stuff at the moment, the Leslie never leaves chorale. However, the internal Leslie sim sounds very good at tremolo and during ramp-up/down as well. The only reason I'd consider a vent is to try to lend a bit more authenticity to overdrive and Leslie, but nobody at a show would *ever* know the difference so I'm saving my money.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I have a Vent that I will hook up to my Kronos - I have been debating if I should sell the Vent - I need to AB the sounds when I get home tonight. I got the Vent when I was doing a blues thing with a Nord E3 - that combo was great - I mean as soon as you turned on the Vent the sound just came alive. I got so spoiled by that sound.

Archived