Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for Montrealers / Québécois : PX-5S local?

Dr88s

A question for the locals:

After reading all the good things on this board about the Casio PX-5S, I would love to test drive one of these. I have not seen them in any of the local Montreal stores the last time I did the rounds, but I usually only hit Steve's, Archambault, and Italmelodie. Have any of you seen one of these on display anywhere nearby?

Merci!

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
88s, Steve's had a PX5S on the floor last time I was there (maybe three weeks ago or a month), even though it's not listed on their site. I'm sure Archambault and Ital should have one too.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

David, bourniplus,

Thanks for the replies. I don't get out to Quebec city too often. I will make the rounds of the big three here in Montreal again but I find inventories are very hit or miss...

David R, thank you for the tip. Steve's does indeed have a demo on the floor which I got to spend about 30 minutes with this morning.

This probably belongs more in the dedicated PX5S thread, but I will briefly mention that while I really like the form factor, weight, and very much liked the action, this was the first ever keyboard that I could not intuitively figure out how to use within a few minutes. What a wonky interface

Wonder how much I could fetch for my unused motif XS rack to apply towards one of these...

Archived