Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

deals on novation bass station II

Sam Mullins

Just browsing today and it looks like a couple places have the new Novation Bass Station II for $399. That seems like a heckuva deal. I won't mention vendors since that's against forum policy, but you can find some by doing a search on ebay (and then directly to their web sites if you prefer.)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Why* did ya have to post this!? I've had my eye on that little fella! :)

Thanks!

Yeah..I know. I wasn't even looking for anything in that category, but I like what I've heard and now I'm thinking.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

Does anyone own one these and care to share their experience? I read the positive review in Keyboard but would like to hear from the masses.

www.stickmanor.com

• 1 month later...
*Why* did ya have to post this!? I've had my eye on that little fella! :)

Thanks!

Hey Kelp...I see you picked up the Novation...how do you like it?

www.stickmanor.com

Loving it. It can cover a lot of ground sonically. I think the presets (sorry, Theo!) really show it off.

I particularly like that the two filter modes - Classic and Acid - sound totally different.

Oh, and that big-ass cutoff knob? Brilliant. It's definitely got a big, deep sound too.

It's light and plastic-y but doesn't feel fragile. Knobs and switches feel solid.

There's a numerical display only, so in a live context you've got to spend a little extra effort on knowing where your patches are. The display has a little set of arrows that light when you move a knob to show whether the value is higher or lower than the preset value. Touching a knob "jumps" to the physical location of the knob (no pass-through).

I bought it to use for synth bass in a live and recording project that's got a heavy DEVO influence. It really punches and the filter allows me to cut through as I see fit.

I haven't played with the arpeggiator at all. It's got aftertouch, although I'm not a huge fan of that as a source. Some functions have to be activated using the keyboard.

Overall, a great sound at a low price with some reasonable compromises in the layout. "I would recommend this product to a friend." :)

P.S. - Why does this forum flag "arpeggiator" and "aftertouch" as misspellings?! Ha!

EDIT: Plus, it fits perfectly in a rolling carry-on suitcase!

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

Loving it. It can cover a lot of ground sonically. I think the presets (sorry, Theo!) really show it off.

I particularly like that the two filter modes - Classic and Acid - sound totally different.

Oh, and that big-ass cutoff knob? Brilliant. It's definitely got a big, deep sound too.

It's light and plastic-y but doesn't feel fragile. Knobs and switches feel solid.

There's a numerical display only, so in a live context you've got to spend a little extra effort on knowing where your patches are. The display has a little set of arrows that light when you move a knob to show whether the value is higher or lower than the preset value. Touching a knob "jumps" to the physical location of the knob (no pass-through).

I bought it to use for synth bass in a live and recording project that's got a heavy DEVO influence. It really punches and the filter allows me to cut through as I see fit.

I haven't played with the arpeggiator at all. It's got aftertouch, although I'm not a huge fan of that as a source. Some functions have to be activated using the keyboard.

Overall, a great sound at a low price with some reasonable compromises in the layout. "I would recommend this product to a friend." :)

P.S. - Why does this forum flag "arpeggiator" and "aftertouch" as misspellings?! Ha!

EDIT: Plus, it fits perfectly in a rolling carry-on suitcase!

Thanks for update...sounds like it's working for you. I'm tempted to pick one up but trying to resist.....must resist.......

www.stickmanor.com

Archived