Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday sucks.

mate stubb

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worked my first black Friday at Walmart as a cashier. I'm used to seeing at least three people in my line. Tonight it was more like 50. Even so, I was actually impressed with how patient most people were.

Hammond XK1-c, Hammond XPK-100, Yamaha FC-7, Spacestation V3

It' a sport for my wife and MIL.. I guess it's their version of hunting. They love this stuff... They spend the morning scoping out their hunting ground. Then, when night falls they stalk their prey and bring home the trophies.

http://www.forum.fishgame.com/images/smilies/hunting/smiley-sport037.gif

Victory.

XBox for child unit, PS4 for friends of family. It took lawn chairs, hot chocolate, and 3 people sitting in shifts.

Good score.

I've only done the queue thing once and that was kind of a goof. There was nothing we needed and as night people we were up anyway. Local department store was giving out scratch-off tickets with a $500 top prize. We didn't win but we did get an extra discount off the door busters. Fun to experience---once.

And there wasn't hot chocolate in my flask. :)

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I just got home from my Thursday gig, which has traditionally been very solid on Thanksgiving. This year we were dead.

For the first time, when I looked across 2nd Avenue from the club there was nothing but bright store lights and cars in the mall over there. Several stores in that mini-mall opened as early as 6pm Thanksgiving proper, and others opened at midnight. After we closed up the manager and I picked up a few deals at 3am. They were staying open all night and of course all day tomorrow and into tomorrow night too.

This is probably the last year the club I'm currently involved with will try to do anything on Thanksgiving. We have new competition, and it's not another club.

It's shopping.

My wife and I went out for a drive to the beach last night around 6 PM. We have a Wal-Mart less than a mile from our house, and we had to pass it on the way to the beach. I have never seen that parking lot THAT full.

This morning I passed by another on the way to work, and the police were already there directing traffic.

I'm not going anywhere near those places today.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Victory.

XBox for child unit, PS4 for friends of family. It took lawn chairs, hot chocolate, and 3 people sitting in shifts.

And for this you saved.... How much?

I don't know, seems a lot easier to just buy the damn thing online....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Everybody's different. :)

We had a huge traditional feast with family yesterday.

I love it when we have to put another leaf in the dining room table. It always means that something good is going to be placed there in the not-too-distant future.

Since our family is all over the state, we'll be visiting another group of relatives and doing it all over again today - this time with Carolina BBQ instead of turkey! :love:

BTW, you know what one of the best inventions ever is?

Trousers with elastic in the waist! :thu:

Stay safe my friends. This party isn't over yet.

And remember, if you have folks who you're thankful are in your life... be sure to tell 'em.

What goes around comes around. :)

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Victory.

Oh, don't look for sanity here. When the females in the family decided to attempt it, there was no escape.

Moe

---

Great score Moe. Your perseverance paid off all things considered. :thu:

I love to shop. It is a curse I inherited from both my parents. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it damnit. :)

As mentioned, Black Friday is an extreme sport to most shopppers. It's all about getting the best deal on junk, er, stuff. :laugh:

I've only done Black Friday once several years ago. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. But, it is an easy way to pick up women. ;)

I won't be in the Black Friday crowd this year either. But, getting a fantastic deal on another big screen TV that I really don't need would be a major score. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

^This. A thousand times this.

I can't imagine any discount, on any number of gift items, for anyone in my life being worth hours of standing outside in the cold and dealing with mobs of people at their most animalistic. Instead I follow a strange and esoteric ritual: I buy gifts that I can actually afford, at a time and in a manner that's reasonably convenient. Yes, that's easy for me say from my lofty perch as an unmarried non-parent. But then Black Friday is also one of the things that always makes me happy about my decision to remain an unmarried non-parent.

Aye. If time is $$, losing many hours waiting to save $100 or so doesn't seem worth it.

I could see it being a 'fun tradition' for some people I guess. Not me though.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I won't be in the Black Friday crowd this year either. But, getting a fantastic deal on another big screen TV that I really don't need would be a major score.

From what I hear, HDTV prices will be even lower if you wait until a week before Christmas... or often the week after, for that matter.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I don't like buying gifts for people because "I have to."

I love buying gifts for people when I come across something that's perfect for them.

Thus, except for the kids in our families, I don't buy Christmas gifts for anyone unless something special presents itself.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I don't like buying gifts for people because "I have to."

I love buying gifts for people when I come across something that's perfect for them.

Agree 100%. :thu:

Any "have to" situation takes the joy out of the season.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived