Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS Came Out Of The Blue This Afternoon....

allan_evett

Yamaha PF-100.... Yeah, no kidding. An area store took one in for consignment. It's mint, looks and plays like it just came out of the box. I've been nosing around lately for an uber-budget, used DP with built-in speakers (thinking well-used P-60, P-70, etc..) I was surprised how good the PF-100 still sounded, even at aprox. 20 years. It was extremely playable, and I suspect would have no problem cutting well a mix - probably just like the P-200 that was back-lined for a gig I did a few years ago; enjoyed that one too. What hooked me in was the heavy-duty built-in speakers, hand-to-ear connection when playing, the wide, flat top, and the presence of pitch/mod wheels and other MIDI features. Thing is built like a tank, and - unfortunately - weighs almost as much at 75 lbs. Otherwise, I might've walked out with it....especially with the consignee asking $450, and being a bit flexible on price.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure that almost counts.

Perhaps, so. Does show, though, that Yamaha has always been ahead of the curve with digital piano playability.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived