Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I-pad files?

raffkey

Is anyone using an I-pad for lyrics and/or chords and if so, what kind of file are they written on and indexed in? i.e. Word or something setup specifically for this? Thanks for any help with this.

Also any success with any particular I-pad holder for mic stand, keyboard stand, etc?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone using an I-pad for lyrics and/or chords and if so, what kind of file are they written on and indexed in? i.e. Word or something setup specifically for this?

There are ways to display anything... Word files, PDF files, JPEGS... Set List Maker is one of the more popular choices. DeepDish GigBook is another good one.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

[quote=

Also any success with any particular I-pad holder for mic stand, keyboard stand, etc?

IK Multimedia do a great iPad holder that attaches to most mic stands. I think it's called iKlip, and retails for about £35. I have used it for over six months, it is totally adjustable as to landscape or portrait mode and angle, and has never slipped once.

Highly recommended.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

If you're looking for just lyrics and chords let me throw in OnSong. Great iPad app and you can transpose, assign a tempo, link to a song in your iTunes library etc. Also can do set lists, books and lots of other nice stuff.

Pete

"all generalizations are false" ~Mark Twain

Kurzweil K2000, ME-1 and (2)PC3, Casio PX-350 AND PX-360, EV sXa 360

As can Unrealbook - which can also transmit linked midi setup files to a keyboard as well as run the backing track when a chart is selected. Plus it has the easiest extraction of charts from PDF fakebooks I have used.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I picked up one of these K&Ms based on a fellow forumite's recommendation and am loving it. Just bear in mind that the model numbers are slightly different depending on which Ipad version you are using.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iPad2Holder

Used to use MusicPad Pro but the files were proprietary and a pain to set up & then the little beast just died on a gig, plus the company went out of business years ago (strike three).

Now all my charts are on my iPad & the Forscore app,... works like a charm and it's super easy to use.

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

Archived