Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Annual Thanksgiving joke

whitefang

Every year, I try to remember to post this. Last year I forgot. I apologize to Gilbert Shelton.

A man and his wife were discussing a Thanksgiving dinner they had just had, when the man said, "These dinners are good, but one year I'd like to try having a FRESH turkey, not the ones that were frozen solid for God knows how long."

His wife agreed, and so early the next year, he built a pen in his backyard, went to a turkey farm and bought a live turkey. After getting instructions on what to feed it to fatten it up, he set about the task of getting it ready for the next Thanksgiving, just 10 months away.

After all that time of fattening the turkey up, the day came when he would take it behing the garage, chop off it's head and pluck off all the feathers. After having done so, his wife had him hand it over to her, claiming, "I'll take care of the rest."

After the Thanksgiving feast, while leaning back in his chair with trousers undone, and looking over the well cleaned carcass of the bird, the man said, "Wow! THAT was the best tasting turkey I ever had. You did a great job, honey."

His wife thanked him, but said the fresh bird may have had something to do with the flavor. "Maybe it did," claimed the man, "but it was great no matter. And that stuffing! Never had any like that before. What did you stuff the turkey with?" His wife asked him what he was talking about. "The STUFFING!" he exclaimed. "What was that unusual STUFFING you used in the turkey?"

"I didn't HAVE to stuff it", she said.

"It WASN'T EMPTY!"

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An what`s wrong wi` a wee bit a` turkey haggis, eh laddie?

Actually my annual Thanksgiving joke-which I never forget-is that I get the date wrong. I think it`s the third thursday of the month-yesterday-until I see something that says otherwise. Fortunately I didn`t take anything out of the freezer a week early.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Don't know why the image of the Freak Bros. didn't come through? Old Gilbert Shelton fan, myself, hell, I even remember Wonder Warthog!

http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/wart-hog/Bacchanal_Mar62.jpg

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I remember first seeing WONDER WARTHOG in DRAG CARTOONS. It was about CARS, not cross-dressers, kiddies.

The big joke with Warthog in THAT comic was driving around a tricked out Toronado in reverse all the time( The Oldsmobile Toronado was one of the first, if not THE first production front end wheel drive cars on the market back in the mid '60's.). Brightened my day when I came across WW in "underground" comix!

Whitefang

Oh man, I remember the Toronado! It was shaped like a muscle car, but it was huge, like a family sedan! Not the most popular model, IIRC.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

The Cadillac Eldorado followed Toronado's lead and was the top-of-the-line luxury car in the line-up for years. I started working at GM at the Cadillac main plant in Detroit in '71, and the E-car line was much sought after for transfers. It was believed by workers and consumers alike that front wheel drive was a novelty that would never catch on beyond the few luxury models that featured it. While the regular assembly line at Cadillac ran at 54 an hour, Eldorado built only 12 an hour.

Whitefang

I had a Cadillac El Dorado (I forget the year, but I think it was a 72) and it was a great car. Had a solid sunroof top, black and fast too! Sold it to a buddy as it was too nice to be the chop shop special of my dreams, so I just kept on dreaming...I liked the song by the Stray Cats "I gotta get a Cadillac, look at that Cadillac, look at that, rolling down the avenue"...I live up in the woods where the roads are just too ruff and narrow to be driving a caddy, or I would still own it!
Take care, Larryz

It was believed by workers and consumers alike that front wheel drive was a novelty that would never catch on beyond the few luxury models that featured it.

Whitefang

From 1984 until this summer I've had several Dodge Caravans. Front wheel drive & really good cargo hauling vehicles.

Scott Fraser

Maybe one of you "gearheads" can explain "All Wheel Drive" to me. The difference between IT and "4 Wheel Drive". My car is AWD, but it came that way. I didn't buy it because of it.

Whitefang

All Wheel Drive is pretty much the same as 4 Wheel Drive. You have power to both the front and rear wheels with differentials. All Wheel drive is always engaged in passenger vehicles as there is no need for a low range drop down gear ratio transfer case (like those with 4wheel drive) as you are not going to be mountain climbing, off-roading, etc.

This is the simple explanation. Not going into lockers front and rear, posi-traction, limited slip differentials, shocks, suspension, lift kits, tire sizes, skid plates, etc., and other options found on 4wheel drives...

Take care, Larryz

Whitefang- I'm in my '30s, but there is one thing that stands out to me from the Toronado/Eldorado line that gave me nightmares- 5.7 Diesel :eek::sick:

Those late '70s and early '80s models with that engine actually kept me real busy in my early teen years. Between bad fuel pumps and glow plugs, bearing and wrist pin issues, (not to mention it wouldn't start below 40 degrees even if plugged in) it was actually easier and cheaper to rip the diesel hardware off the engine and convert it to gas- a nice poor man's 350 Olds stroker motor...

Now back on topic for a Thanksgiving joke

As a bona fide Detroit Lions fan and they usually play on Thanksgiving, here's my joke (especially after last week's loss)

Q: What is the difference between the Detroit Lions and a dollar bill?

A: You can still get 4 good quarters out of a dollar bill

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

lol

I am watching Airwolf reruns with my kids

This episode talked about being shot down behind enemy lines in East Germany- I had to explain to my 15 year old that when I was 8, there actually was an East and West Germany...

Was watching the original A-team reruns too.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

I like the strange looks from teens when you try to explain stuff like that to them. Like going to parties where nobody got high or drunk, and STILL having a blast. Or girls who DIDN'T put out. Or not having a party on every one of your birthdays, or for simply graduating high school. Or even the word "party" NOT being a verb. But as far as the last one goes, it's getting tiring of then having to explain what a VERB is!

Whitefang

Archived