Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stuff NEVER Heard At Sound Check

SpaceNorman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something like that actually happened to me. Back in the day, when I was single, again, I was on a gig and noticed a girl who appeared anxious to talk to me. As I came off the stage for the second break of the night, the girl approached me, introduced herself, etc.. After about five minutes of talking, she asked me a favor: Would I personally introduce her to the lead singer ? Apparently she was frustrated by the long line of girls waiting to talk to him, and wanted a shortcut... :rolleyes::laugh:

Perhaps she would have been willing to negotiate?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Something like that actually happened to me. Back in the day, when I was single, again, I was on a gig and noticed a girl who appeared anxious to talk to me. As I came off the stage for the second break of the night, the girl approached me, introduced herself, etc.. After about five minutes of talking, she asked me a favor: Would I personally introduce her to the lead singer ? Apparently she was frustrated by the long line of girls waiting to talk to him, and wanted a shortcut... :rolleyes::laugh:

:idea::cool::D

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Stuff never heard--a soundcheck, period. We don't normally get one, and honestly with the digital board we are using we don't need one, providing everyone is consistent with their settings from gig to gig. The board can play back multi-track recordings of each instrument from a past gig so if there is a bit of time, our bass player/soundman can tweak each channel/whole PA for the room before anyone else gets there.

:idea::cool::D

NEGOTIATION: Getting unwashed, unshaven, untrained roadies laid by hot young women, who want to actually sleep with the singer, since the British Invasion.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Archived