Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Delirium Fretlesscylius PSA

Groove Mama

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, i am regularly playing my fretless in two bands mmmh, worse than I thought.

On the plus side, mine has roundwounds. I admit I bought a set of Galli black nylons, but it is safe in a drawer for now,

I also have my headstock tuner always on.

Some day I will try a tube screamer on it, I heard some fret less drive in a record of Victor Bailey.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

With my normal basses, typically 11 out of 12 note I play are wrong. A fretless moves that number up to approaching infinite.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

This was really, really funny (although what's up with the masks in the background?).

I must already have the disease, because even this will not stop me from buying the new Squier fretless P!

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

After a few weeks of mostly fretless, I heard my fretted bass just as those singers sent through an auto tune cranked over the top to sound like keyboards.

Then I thought, "wait: the voice too has continous intonation and glissando has been popular since Bessie Smith started to sell records, or maybe three generations before and saxophones and trumpets and guitars have been mimicking that sound for ages, so why not me?".

A little voice in me answered, "because the groove wants a bass in tune".

I replied "then, why has the double bass been so popular as a groove station?".

Then I lost the rest of the conversation.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

I must already have the disease, because even this will not stop me from buying the new Squier fretless P!
Apparently deep into the "Denial" phase . . . :laugh:

I was just pricing a Carvin fretless P clone this morning, even tho' I have a Squire VM J fretless. :o

But it's OK - I know my limits.

I can control it.

Besides - I only play them on weekends . . .

TimberWolf

Very well done and funny!!

This is one of the few bass related disorders that I will not suffer from. Makes me want to write about my fenderphobia and my boutiqueonlyholic tendencies.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Very well done and funny!!

This is one of the few bass related disorders that I will not suffer from. Makes me want to write about my fenderphobia and my boutiqueonlyholic tendencies.

Tom

fenderphobia is curable, I had it for over twenty-five years and now have three Fenders.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• 2 weeks later...

no no no no no - the cure is worse than the disease!!!

Tom

(fair balance requires me to say that I've sampled many fine Fender and Fender-like instruments)

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived