Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Journey-Steve Miller Band-TowerOfPower

Tonysounds

I used to go and see The Steve Miller Band in the 70's. Great blues musicians.... Then he went commercial... Good for him!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I saw a recent SMB concert on Austin City Limits (I think, maybe it was one of the other OBS live music series), and I was surprised at how good it was. One of the Wooten clan plays keyboards, and is totally badass. He and the rhythm guitarist switched up on bass duties, so Wooten played key bass on about half the show, and killed it. THen band was tight as hell, and Miller took some really great solos, even though a lot of the material was pretty trite. I'd go see this tour just for TOP and SMB.

It was Austin City Limits (from last year's season I believe). I was never a big fan but I completely agree on the show...the band was really tight, sounded great, and looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived