Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bad day for international rock

skipclone 1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say I never had the same urge after paying hard to come by money to see a band that really disappointed me. But of course I'd never go that far.

It had to be a lot of money in dispute, or otherwise it makes this killing more senseless than it already is.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Any killing is senseless, especially one generated by anger.

I am well armed, but I would never want to use my firearms on anything let alone humans.

Better to be armed and not need them than not have them at need. Still I don't kill anything if I don't absolutely have to, even bugs if I can catch and release.

I don`t squash stuff unless I need to. There`s a lot more of them than of me, their kind was here first. If they present a danger to me that`s different. A friend of mine from Australia was at a conference, having a shower and tried to negotiate with a redback spider. It didn`t work, he`s lucky to be alive.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Anything poisonous gets squashed or sprayed in my house. I am ok with being reasonable, but black widows or brown recluse spiders get gassed, so do ants. I did walk up to a diamond back rattler on the trails where the wife and I walk. About five feet from it I banged my hiking pole on the ground to alert the thing I was there. It was laying straight out (so no danger within a foot or so) when I did the stick thing it slithered off to the side of the trail and coiled up, then it was a danger, so I threw some pebbles near it and finally it slithered off into the underbrush. My wifey was freaking but I know how far it can strike so I stayed out of range. I have snake shot for my 9 and my 22 but but no need really.......

I do spray for termites and other creepies around the house also. keeping the creepies out of the house is absolutely important in the Sonoran Desert. So I do what I have to do to keep safe. But for ordinary non poisonous bugs, I try to be humane.....

One of my biggest problems in Asia, is dealing with a seemingly total lack of empathy with any environmental anything. I have mentioned the take-no-prisoners animal shelters in Japan. While I was living in Taiwan, we were away from the city one weekend with my kung fu class. Apparently somebody saw a snake near the trail where we were walking. Before I could even get a look at it, six guys were jumping up and down on it. Another time, a leopard cub, which may have been someone`s pet, was seen roaming in the mountains. A private hunting club took off after it, stalked it, found it, shot it, cooked it and ate it on the spot. Some of the Chinese fur farm films I`ve seen are truly terrifying.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I don't like killing anything. I have let many a rattler go on by out in natures wonderland even though I too carry snake loads in my 357. But if they are in my yard and up around my house they are going down. The critters have thousands of acres around my place to build their homes so they don't need to move in with me...
Take care, Larryz

Archived