Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil setup MIDI question

aellison62

There's probably a simple answer to this question but here goes.

When I Try to play a 3 program setup from my PC361 from my ES8 I only get one of the programs coming thru.

Is there a MIDI solution I am overlooking or do multi program setups not transmit entirely?

Thanks,

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit each zone of the setup and set its MIDI channel to the one you're sending on. By default, each zone number corresponds to the same MIDI chan # on the PC3. Zone 1 = chan 1, etc.

If you want 3 programs to all respond to something that is sending on only chan 1, then set all 3 zones to chan 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying to transmit a 4 voice setup from the PC 361 to my Motif ES8 but if I set all my voices in the setup to channel 1, I only get the first voice transmitting to the ES8. Also, the setup on the Kurz just plays the first voice. All the other voices in the setup, being set to channel 1, are not being transmitted to the ES8(and are not heard in the setup on the PC361). I even made sure the ES8 was receiving MIDI on channel 1 and tried omni

Is there a way to get a 4 voice setup on the PC361 transmitting all 4 voices via MIDI to another keyboard?

I am not having luck with this !

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

I finally got around to trying to transmit a 4 voice setup from the PC 361 to my Motif ES8 but if I set all my voices in the setup to channel 1, I only get the first voice transmitting to the ES8. Also, the setup on the Kurz just plays the first voice. All the other voices in the setup, being set to channel 1, are not being transmitted to the ES8(and are not heard in the setup on the PC361). I even made sure the ES8 was receiving MIDI on channel 1 and tried omni

If you have four zones transmitting on channel 1, you'll just trigger the same note four times simultaneously. Do you really want to transmit the same message x4..? There are several parameters to consider; if the PC3 zone is set to local, midi, usbmidi or a combination, of the responding keyboard is set to answer correctly (I couldn't tell you anything about the Yamaha, I don't get them) and more. An easy test could be to use setup 128 on the PC3, set the zone to midi and see what the ES8 does. If zone 1 works fine, continue with zone 2 and so on. If you want four different zones, I'd probably use four different channels.

Good luck!

Starting with Setup 128 on the PC361 is an excellent suggestion; going to the initial set of building blocks will usually help.

Also, should you happen to use a Yamaha Performance (or Master, if the ES is controlling the Kurz), it might be of help to start with an initialized slate there as well. IIRC, initializing a Voice, Performance, or Master is a 'Job' function on the Motif.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived