Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MOXF & John Melas products

blong5150

Figured I would post this to help avoid any confusion:

I just purchased my MOXF6 which shipped with the Motif Premium collection. It includes:

MOTIF Premium Collection DVD-ROM

One 512MB Flash Board

4GB USB Thumb Drive with 1.2GB of exclusive Sweetwater MOTIF Libraries

Download Link and Activation Code for Steinberg Prologue Virtual Analog Synth VST

Download Link and Activation Code for Yamaha YC-3B Drawbar Organ Emulator VST

KARMA 20% Off Coupon

Motif Waveform Editor 10% Off Coupon

Motif XF Tools Complete Pack 10% Off Coupon

The John Melas XF tools are incompatible with the MOXF. He let me know that his MOXF product should be ready later this month and he was not aware that vendors were sending out the coupon with the MOXF. Also, John will be offering crossgrade pricing for those who already own the MOX tools.

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOXF6, Nektar Impact LX61, Macbook Air

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not to hijack but if your willing to wait to obtain the pack from Yamaha directly instead of bundled from sweet water you can save some money on the moxf from other vendors..

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

not to hijack but if your willing to wait to obtain the pack from Yamaha directly instead of bundled from sweet water you can save some money on the moxf from other vendors..

Yep - I actually had a quote from another vendor for $1041.00 but they couldn't deliver for 1-2 weeks. Due to issues with my MOX6, I had to go ahead and order from SW who had it in my hands immediately.

Yep - I actually had a quote from another vendor for $1041.00 but they couldn't deliver for 1-2 weeks. Due to issues with my MOX6, I had to go ahead and order from SW who had it in my hands immediately.

Please post your experience in transitioning your data from the MOX6. I know that everything is supposed come over fine, but since I'm considering the same transition, I would be interested in real world results.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Figured I would post this to help avoid any confusion:

I just purchased my MOXF6 which shipped with the Motif Premium collection. It includes:

MOTIF Premium Collection DVD-ROM

One 512MB Flash Board

4GB USB Thumb Drive with 1.2GB of exclusive Sweetwater MOTIF Libraries

Download Link and Activation Code for Steinberg Prologue Virtual Analog Synth VST

Download Link and Activation Code for Yamaha YC-3B Drawbar Organ Emulator VST

KARMA 20% Off Coupon

Motif Waveform Editor 10% Off Coupon

Motif XF Tools Complete Pack 10% Off Coupon

Count yourself lucky! When you buy it in the UK, it includes:

A plug, to allow you to get power out of a wall socket

Err, that's about it!

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Back to the OP - John confirmed last night, it should be released in the next two weeks.

And believe me if you are buying the MOXf or even a "normal" xf,xs or even es, his editors are absolutely essential!! And very well priced as well. http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

What are these tools, and what is the impact of them not being compatible with MOXF? For example, if I want to load my own samples on the MOXF, would I need John Melas XF tools?

Without these tools, is there still software to help set up the MOXF on the computer, or is that the only solution?

Back to the OP - John confirmed last night, it should be released in the next two weeks.

And believe me if you are buying the MOXf or even a "normal" xf,xs or even es, his editors are absolutely essential!! And very well priced as well. http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php

+100 on Melas products. The difference between tweaking and programming.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

if I want to load my own samples on the MOXF, would I need John Melas XF tools?

You would need one of his tools, the Waveform Editor. He is coming out with an update that will include support for the MOXF.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/wave.php

Most of his tools are model-specific (i.e. different versions for different keyboards... XS, XF, MX, MOX, etc.), but the Waveform Editor supports multiple models.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Please post your experience in transitioning your data from the MOX6. I know that everything is supposed come over fine, but since I'm considering the same transition, I would be interested in real world results.

I did a full backup of my MOX over the weekend and restored it to the MOXF. The Presets and performances were fine. The Masters, however, were all off by 1 user bank (I think that's because the MOXF has 1 more?). Easily fixed though. Just bring up the master, press F2, turn the dial to the right 1 click, then click store... enter... enter.

I did a full backup of my MOX over the weekend and restored it to the MOXF. The Presets and performances were fine. The Masters, however, were all off by 1 user bank (I think that's because the MOXF has 1 more?). Easily fixed though. Just bring up the master, press F2, turn the dial to the right 1 click, then click store... enter... enter.

Thanks for the followup. Interesting that there are more Master slots since it isn't referenced in the documentation of differences here: What's new on MOXF

I just noticed that you can now use the buttons to activate/deactivate internal and external zones in Master Mode. Not something I would likely use, but it could be helpful for the way some people work.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I'm not sure what you're referring to, since the MOX and MOXF have the same number of User Voice, Performance, and Master Banks (and locations). The MOXF does have an additional Preset Voice bank.

Does your MOXF have the latest OS installed? The most recent is version 1.03, and it addresses some loading irregularities that existed in earlier versions. If you were running v1.03, then it might make sense to post on Motifator about your issue with bank numbering in Masters.

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

The MOXF does have an additional Preset Voice bank.

and also one less User Voice bank.

The XF used USER1 for its new (non-XS) Voices. On the MOXF, that has been replaced with PRESET9 (essentially making the bank of new Voices unerasable). So in a sense, USER 2/3/4 on the XF have become USER 1/2/3 on the MOXF. In effect, they eliminated a bank of USER slots (there are now 384 instead of 512 User Voice locations), but they also assured that people wouldn't accidentally erase all the XF-specific stock sounds. Most of us here would probably prefer that the spaces be resuable, but for the "public at large" this approach is probably safer, and Yamaha won't be fielding support issues from people who "lost" some of the sounds it came with.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Does your MOXF have the latest OS installed? The most recent is version 1.03, and it addresses some loading irregularities that existed in earlier versions. If you were running v1.03, then it might make sense to post on Motifator about your issue with bank numbering in Masters.

Yep - updated to v1.03 as soon as I unboxed it.

The MOXF does have an additional Preset Voice bank.

and also one less User Voice bank.

The XF used USER1 for its new (non-XS) Voices. On the MOXF, that has been replaced with PRESET9 (essentially making the bank of new Voices unerasable). So in a sense, USER 2/3/4 on the XF have become USER 1/2/3 on the MOXF. In effect, they eliminated a bank of USER slots (there are now 384 instead of 512 User Voice locations), but they also assured that people wouldn't accidentally erase all the XF-specific stock sounds. Most of us here would probably prefer that the spaces be resuable, but for the "public at large" this approach is probably safer, and Yamaha won't be fielding support issues from people who "lost" some of the sounds it came with.

It's true that the MOXF has one less User Voice bank than the XF, but you quoted me out of context. I was comparing the MOXF to the MOX, not to the XF.

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

Yep - updated to v1.03 as soon as I unboxed it.

Then making Yamaha aware of the situation would seem to be the next step. Considering how frequently they've been issuing OS updates for the MOXF, if they verify what you've mentioned then 1.04 might be out shortly. :-)

EDIT: I see that you posted to the Motifator MOXF forum about this.

It's true that the MOXF has one less User Voice bank than the XF, but you quoted me out of context. I was comparing the MOXF to the MOX, not to the XF.

Whoops, sorry 'bout that!

Archived