Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jazz tunes featuring |: i- | bVII | bVI | V7 :|

Jazz+

I am compiling a list of uptempo jazz tunes that feature this type of minor vamp, with 4 beat pacing, in there main verse :

|: F- | Eb7 | Db7 | C7 :|

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with 4 beat pacing........

"Song For My Father"

Seems like you contradict yourself? The pacing of those 4 chords isn't the same in that tune.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

with 4 beat pacing........

"Song For My Father"

Seems like you contradict yourself? The pacing of those 4 chords isn't the same in that tune.

Yes, that's true. It's 8 beat pacing. The way I am playing my left hand is good with 4 beat and 8 beat pacing.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Jazz+, out of curiosity, why are you compelling these lists with standards with specific chord changes?

They suit the left hand style I am playing and they are not ii V progressions

Archived