Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Does the Fox Say?

ITGITC

Have you heard this tune?

For you old guys who play in Classic Rock bands - the same tired songs over and over and over...

Suggestion: Replace Mustang Sally with this: :idea:

[video:youtube]jofNR_WkoCE

So far, this video has 192,186,920 hits on You Tube. My daughters introduced me to this tune and I didn't get it.

At first.

Why did this go viral? What's the appeal?

It took me about 3 times through to understand. But now I can't stop thinking about it...

Itza classic example of an EARWORM!

Today I asked a cashier in the cafe if she had heard this song. All three cashiers rose from their seat and started singing it!

I guarantee you. The band that puts this tune in their setlist is going to be the one that gets everybody on the dance floor!

I'm hip! :thu:

OK. I'm not hip. But I know people who are. :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From wikipedia:

Ylvis is a comedy duo from Norway, consisting of brothers Bård and Vegard Ylvisåker. They debuted as professional variety artists in 2000 and have since had a string of highly successful variety shows, humoristic concerts, TV shows, radio shows and music videos. They are currently the host of popular Norwegian talk show, I kveld med Ylvis.

I laughed my ass off on this one:

[video:youtube]

WARNING: Strong Language Adult Content etc

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

They're very talented and very funny - and they've other tunes that'll give you a laugh.

Try Stonehenge, Jan Egeland, Pressure, Someone Like Me (Dubstep Edit) and Work It.

Very well done.

(oops I see Stonehenge has been posted)

Has Steel Panther's "Community Property" has been posted before?

Rubberbandits "Horse Outside" and for those students of postmodern humour "Black Man."

All on Youtube.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

It is a classic Earworm. And I'll have to check out some Ylvis' other stuff. While I haven't dropped acid, yet, the video is well beyond what a former bandmate described from his most vivid LSD trip.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Thanks, Tom, I'm feeling really unhip right now for being, like, the last person on earth to get in on this.

As for the appeal of The Fox, I think it's pretty obvious. I wanted to sing along to it the first time I heard it. Must produce craziness on the dancefloor.

However, unlike Mustang Sally, not an easily replicable sound. Doubt it will become a classic.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Ylvis, Modern day Mozart and Beethoven all rolled up into one. Fox only needs more vocoder and it would be complete.

My kids turned me on to this..... no it was my daughter, my son listens to the same stuff I and my Dad listens to.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Have you heard this tune?

For you old guys who play in Classic Rock bands - the same tired songs over and over and over...

Suggestion: Replace Mustang Sally with this: :idea:

[video:youtube]jofNR_WkoCE

So far, this video has 192,186,920 hits on You Tube. My daughters introduced me to this tune and I didn't get it.

At first.

Why did this go viral? What's the appeal?

It took me about 3 times through to understand. But now I can't stop thinking about it...

Itza classic example of an EARWORM!

Today I asked a cashier in the cafe if she had heard this song. All three cashiers rose from their seat and started singing it!

I guarantee you. The band that puts this tune in their setlist is going to be the one that gets everybody on the dance floor!

I'm hip! :thu:

I like!! :) .

It's riffs and beats remind me of this killer favourite of mine I found on Y.T some years back ,done by a real keyboard Wizkid >

Brett

WDTFS is so last week.

I figured. It takes a while to get a gabazillion You Tube hits.

That's OK. I still think it would be cool to hear a band play it live...

to the right audience, of course. (The See 'N Say crowd?) :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

It has already been parodied by SNL, and it was an item on KTLA this morning. So last week about sums it up ;-)

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFGslzSTqIg

Erm,

Oh, now I get that SNL short from last weekend.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

WDTFS is so last week.

I figured. It takes a while to get a gabazillion You Tube hits.

That's OK. I still think it would be cool to hear a band play it live...

to the right audience, of course. (The See 'N Say crowd?) :)

It would be cool to hear a band do a live version .....for a while :).

Brett

That was entertaining, but not nearly as great as their "Someone Like Me' vid, which I thought was brilliant, taking 2 genres I abhor, the modern Broadway musical and Dubstep, and making something fun out of them.

[video:youtube]

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

That was entertaining, but not nearly as great as their "Someone Like Me' vid, which I thought was brilliant, taking 2 genres I abhor, the modern Broadway musical and Dubstep, and making something fun out of them.

:thu: That's pretty good.

I sent this to the people who turned me on to the fox - but with the f-bombs at the end, I warned them that it's NSFW.

If I were playing in a Top 40 band for a younger audience, I'd scan YouTube for videos like these that go viral quickly, and add them to the set list.

Of course, I'd be adding and subtracting tunes all the time.

But you've got to keep it fresh, right? Right.

Brilliant, huh? :idea:

Sometimes I come up with pretty amazing ideas.

Other times... I forget to wipe. :facepalm::laugh:

man, I don't even know if I know anyone who is hip anymore. I have no idea about anything on this thread. I'm gonna have to start watching SNL again. :facepalm:

You should start listening to the Hit Parade again - like when you were younger. Some of the popular beat combos sing quite catchy melodies.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

My fox says listen to decent music and bring back prog!

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Los%20Endos/LERiga036.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Archived