Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help me with my brilliant career.

Chad Thorne

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wrote this on Facebook: "What a lovely time playing at Blue last evening with Rebecca Kingsley, Kyle Friday and David Ellis. "Intimate" is a word for the venue, lol, but the audience were lovely, and although the four of us never played together before, we got through it mostly. Almost like playing in someones' living room."

It was really like that. At the beginning Rebecca told the audience that we four had never played together before, so they just chuckled at the "What key?" and one false start stuff. Of course, it did help that once we got started it was Rebecca singing, which covered a multitude of sins. Not that I want to suggest that it was a train wreck! The guys I played with are good, professional players (not from NYC) and played great.

The upshot was 1) great crowd response; 2) between the kitty and CD sales we pulled in $312.00, unheard of at Blue, where mostly struggling artists play for poor college students, etc. R. split it with us equally. $78.00 is at the low end for gig pay around here, but I was expecting/hoping for 20 bucks for gas money.

By the way, you folks (not "guys" - hi, Nancy!) will appreciate this, I love it. I asked R. that since I was just playing blues the evening we met, she felt I'd be able to handle her stuff. She replied, "It was the way you were listening when I was talking about my music, and the kinds of questions you were asking."

Nice! :thu:

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Archived