Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PX-5s in UK

icarusi

See that the PX-5s has finally landed in the UK. Unfortunately currently at £899(UKP). US price approx. $1000 (USD) = £618 (UKP plus 20% VAT is circa £740 (UKP) so some work to do on price. Europe seems to be circa £845 (UKP 990 (Euro) equivalent). Maybe Casio doesn't know the internet exists?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See that the PX-5s has finally landed in the UK. Unfortunately currently at £899(UKP). US price approx. $1000 (USD) = £618 (UKP plus 20% VAT is circa £740 (UKP) so some work to do on price. Europe seems to be circa £845 (UKP 990 (Euro) equivalent). Maybe Casio doesn't know the internet exists?

There is a part of a thread already done on this if you are interested, and on UK v. US prices in general. I was so annoyed about the price disparity that I dashed off a few lines to Mike Martin ( product manager Casio USA ).

See "This just in.....Casio PX-5S", from about a third of the way down page 48.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Actually, I've just thought, it's even worse than you think! THe $1000 that you mention INCLUDES sales tax, if you get it from Kraft or Sweetwater, so the price disparity is even greater.

Just thought I'd cheer you up a bit more!

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Actually, I've just thought, it's even worse than you think! THe $1000 that you mention INCLUDES sales tax, if you get it from Kraft or Sweetwater, so the price disparity is even greater.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have this backwards. Sales tax is still only charged in the U.S. if you're buying in state. When I buy from Sweetwater in Indiana, I do not pay them sales tax. However, you are correct then that the price you pay from most internet vendors is "that," not "that plus tax."

There are some exceptions to this, however. Some retailers are starting to collect sales tax for some states, like Amazon. But, if you're in another country and they are willing to ship to you, then probably not.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

In Norway it's 1.429 USD...

In Norway it's 1.429 USD...

Wow! And I thought we had it bad in the UK! I feel for you.

SSM

Archived