Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New CP4 owners - what case?

timwat

I and a few others here are Fusion users and fans. They are excellent cases, very well made, and from what I've seen a considerable step above what is offered here in the US.

Exactly my thoughts. Generally, I'm not too impressed with Gator quality...maybe those Go Pro are better but the one I have for my CP5 that was given to me by Moon Zero when I bought his CP5 a few years back ...man that's pretty lame quality. And it weighs as much as my A&S hard case ! This one:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GK88XL

Just curious as to what CP4 owners think about the internal height dimensions on the Fusion #12 bag. 55.51 x 14.57 x 5.91"

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1129617-REG/fusion_bags_f3_25_k_12_b_keyboard_12_gig_bag.html

The height is the area of concern. Length and depth are ok.

CP4 = 6.34"

Fusion #12 = 5.91"

What do you think ? Again, the next size up, #13, is sold out.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious as to what CP4 owners think about the internal height dimensions on the Fusion #12 bag. 55.51 x 14.57 x 5.91"

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1129617-REG/fusion_bags_f3_25_k_12_b_keyboard_12_gig_bag.html

The height is the area of concern. Length and depth are ok.

CP4 = 6.34"

Fusion #12 = 5.91"

What do you think ? Again, the next size up, #13, is sold out.

I had the height of the Fusion #12 bag wrong. Actually it's 5.51" not 5.91" (cataracts, what can I say ? :blush: ) .

So after trading a few emails with Fusion, I decided to hold off on anything until their #13 bag is back in stock. She said sometime in mid-Sept.

In the meantime I took my Yamaha YBB-881 bag in to the luggage repair place yet again and I'm having them repair the zipper and do some miscellaneous stitching in places. More then I wanted to pay but it's a perfect size bag , in regard to not being too long with the overlap , plus it has wheels.

For the next few gigs though - tonight and tomorrow plus a couple next week - it's going to have to be the A&S hard case with total weight at 68 lbs. :cry:

For some reason I just don't want to give Gator any money. ;)

Having just picked up one of the above mentioned cases for my CP1 has not convinced me that the hard shell case is less likely to damage the keyboard than my gig bag. It definitely makes moving the keyboard more difficult.

My gig bag has lots of straps in the right places to move the keyboard on my own. It seems the better option at the moment.

Yamaha CP1 UHL X3-2 QSC K10's

Having just picked up one of the above mentioned cases for my CP1 has not convinced me that the hard shell case is less likely to damage the keyboard than my gig bag. It definitely makes moving the keyboard more difficult.

This.

So after about 5 gigs with the A&S hard case that weighs 32 lbs, alone. I've tweaked tendons in my hand and muscles in my neck. All while using heavy duty work gloves.

And I go the gym regularly - I work on core and do lighter weight and high reps. Still at 64, sh*t happens as they say. :(

Waiting for the zipper to be repaired on the Yamaha bag (hopefully this week sometime) and the Fusion 13 bag to be back it stock. They said mid-Fall.

The wheeled Fusion bag is worth the wait. I've been using a Fusion 12 bag for my Lachnit keyboard (48 lb) for almost a year now. Very well-made, with good zippers and wheels. The handles are unusual, but work well. Just the right amount of padding for schlepping in and out of car, rolling into gig set-up, etc.

Archived