Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joe Sample recovering from severe pneumonia

Bucktunes

This came up on his Facebook page a little while ago;

"Due to an unexpected illness, the Joe Sample Trio, with Special Guest - Randy Crawford, will be unable to perform on October 25th, at the Paramount Theatre, Oakland, CA, as previously advertised.

Mr. Sample was recently hospitalized with what appears to be a severe case of pneumonia. A surgical procedure to remove a build up of fluids in his lung was performed, and Mr. Sample remains hospitalized. Doctors have advised Mr. Sample to undergo an extended period of convalescence before he will be able to resume his professional schedule.

Mr. Sample is unavailable for comment due to the aforementioned procedure. Ms. Crawford had this to say: Our hearts go out to Joe and wish him a speedy and healthy recovery so that we can return to performing together ASAP. I was so looking forward to performing in Oakland at the Paramount. It has been way too long since Ive visited our fans in the Bay Area, and I love the Paramount. Hopefully we can reschedule something as soon as Joe has recovered.

Got him on my prayer list...Get well soon, Joe! :wave:

><>

Steve

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear that Joe has been unwell - he's a keyboard legend!

Fingers crossed he makes a swift recovery!

James

x

EDIT: Time for a vintage clip with JS and the rest of the Crusaders in action!

[video:youtube]

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I just spoke to his tour manager. It wasn't pneumonia, he has a cyst on his lungs that went undetected for a while. The fluid in his lungs was blood caused by the cyst. He did have surgery but all is well now and he's expected to make a full recovery.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

The fluid in his lungs was blood caused by the cyst. He did have surgery but all is well now and he's expected to make a full recovery.

That's great news - thanks for the update Mike.

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Archived