Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GEM/LEM, where are the parts? I found them...

Delaware Dave

They apparently are still sitting at the abandoned factory in Italy. I saw this video (it's in Italian) and there appears to still be millions of dollars of keyboards, assemblies, circuit boards, schematics ... brand new parts still wrapped up in boxes just rotting away in the building, which apparently is being pilfered. Can't find a part here in the US but the parts needed are sitting there. It's really sad to watch this video. Someone could buy the parts for pennies on the dollar, Ebay the parts and it could be a win/win for customers and the parts seller.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SEkJ6FSMoz8

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, considering I have a Pro 1 that is sitting in my studio broken and unused.

Remember when Peavey was selling them ?That's when I purchased mine.

I would love to find a service manual or schematic for it

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

My Promega 2 is still working...............everything crossed.

Fantastic weighted piano, love it

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Actually, all remainings of GEM (and the brand) have been recently during last summer, bought and brought to Salo, Finland, by few local investors. They have emptied the factories in Italy and brought many truck loads of old stock and instrument parts here.

According to a local paper, they're planning to launch a range of (new?) products somewhere next year.

I wish then all the best.

Jyrki

Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions

If there is a hell, they're showing that video looped.

Palme D'Or 2014 nominee.

Particularly moving scene featuring a package with "Midi" and "Phil Collins" and a likeness of the man who shocked the world filling Pete "Crazy Horse" Gabbby's painted pixie boots all those years ago on "Seconds Out."

Great post. Big Generalmusic fan. Thank you. Have to go for a lie down. It's all too much.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Archived