Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitars in general

desertbluesman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm partial to Les Pauls but love the Strat too... and of course Carvin, but don't forget Godin, did I mention Martin, Taylor, PRS, Tele, ........ Thank God we can have more than one...

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Yeah the one we have and like the best.

Mine is an Ibanez RG321, a very inexpensive but surprisingly excellent instrument. I had to file the frets and re-solder some innards when I bought it, but it has been rock solid ever since. I never owned an Ibanez guitar that did not need fret dressing right out of the box, so this was no surprise when I got it the first day.

Depends on the gig.

Strange thing is I have several guitar of various sorts. If I could only keep one it would one I don't use anymore. It is an old Strat I have had since I was a school kid. I never play out with a Strat these days. Mostly Tele's and I will take a Hag Swede with me. I may start taking out a Ibanez RG550 I got in the 80's depending on who our next guitarist is. I may have to cover some of the rock stuff. We are in transition right now.

Here is the old beater. Large headstock 4 bolter. I guess that puts in somewhere around a 71 or so.... maybe. Heck I don't know it was used when I got the old thing.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/Strat_zps21f50d37.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

What Is your favorite?

The guitar. :D

Seriously, Brer DiBiEm, HOW can I narrow it down to ONE?! :crazy:

:rawk::thu::wave:

I mean, my Main Squeeze right now- and for what, freakin' fourteen years and climbing soon to fifteen- is my Les Paul, with its stock, hot ceramic Gibson 500T and 496R humbuckers and a set of .011" - .050" D R Pure Blues solid/pure-nickel on round-cores strings.

But I've loved Teles, Strats, Gretsches, 6 and 12 String flat-top acoustics, 12 string electrics, big ol' hollow arched-top Jazz boxes, a friend's sweet '66 Thunderbird bass, all manner of axes...

My first halfway-decent guitar was a Peavey T-15; all hard-rock maple, "Super Ferrite" blade-poled single-coil pickups, 23.5" scale-length. It was that short-scaled axe that started me on my path of medium and heavy string-gauge love...

I played a "Super Strat" stylee with active EMG H-S-S pickups for years and years (a guitar on which I learned everything to do- and NOT TO DO- with and to a guitar!), and mothballed it when I really needed something 'different' from that- which turned out to be a couple of Les Pauls. I really need to break that wonderful guitar out of its exile and give it some serious TLC and start using it again, as well...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

My JB Strat was made for me I think! Though I have a hankering for a LP Standard now. This one LP would do nicely!

Those are great axes!

Anderson

Mmmmmmmm.... ! Some NIIICE fret-work on those! Among the very best!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Still my black SG, although it's hardly stock, at this point. I took off the Gibson/Kluson-style tuners, and dropped in a set of Grovers, pulled the bridge & tailpiece, replaced them with Schaller parts, roller-saddle bridge and fine-tuning tailpiece. Put Schaller strap locks on it, of course. I even pulled the ugly top-hat knobs, and put on black speed knobs. Been using DR Pure Blues ever since Caevan introduced me to them.

My second favorite is my Epi DOT. Nicest neck of any guitar I own, period.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Since you cleared up the question of whether or not you meant the ones we own, and since I only own TWO, the answer is easy!

The two I own.

An old ('72) Epiphone FT-145, and a Washburn 12 string bought in 2000 of a model number I never commited to memory.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I never met a guitar I didn't like.

I'm not fond of the 80's locking trem hockeystick headstock superstrat variety, or anything really made purposefully for metal, but if the gig called for it, I'd use it.

The ones I cannot live without 1982 Greco Flying V ala Michael Schenker and my new Martin.

The Flying V will one day in the next 6 months be replaced by the one I am building.

and if I get a bass its my 69 pbass heavily modded by me.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

Love my 4 Strats, don't care for the Jaguar or the Jazzmaster and will be selling those two. Love all may Taylors T3 T5 2 nylons and a steel string acoustic, have one GS mini coming in the next couple of days. The one I play most is my 416ce fall limited Taylor acoustic...
Take care, Larryz

I have a homemade from parts and leftover pups. It looks like a strat sort of, with a Duncan distortion at the bridge and two "bridge" strat sized Duncan Lil 59'ers in the middle and front. Of course the bridge Lil 59'ers are longer than the width of the 6 strings by 1/4" so the front ones bass side magnets are a little higher than the bass strings. But for some unknown reason the sound is completely balanced across the strings on all pickups. Plus as I built it I cut the neck pocket a little big so I epoxied the neck in and it is a little off alignment. Still it has the nicest tone of any 25-1/2" scale guitar that I own (3 of those in total) or have ever owned. Beats me why, as it is a comedy of errors, and I have been playing it for near 23 years.

When I go out with the guitar that is the one I take out usually.

Depends on the gig, but my go-to guitar is my Hamer Special FM. With it's Duncan 'buckers, coil-tapped, and playing like a dream, it's as close to perfect for me as I'm likely to get.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/6113/dscf1041hi.jpg

Here is my favorite guitar. It's a Carvin CS6T, with a tigers eye quilted maple top, mahogany body and neck, ebony fretboard with abalone block inlays, stainless steel frets, Wilkinson tremelo, and Sperzel locking tuners. Stainless steel frets are the way to go. They make bending strings so easy, it actually changed the way I play. And they last longer than nickel silver frets, too.

I rock; therefore, I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived