Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Accordion Synth?

uncledunc

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

"I need something to make accordion sounds. Any ideas?"

"Well, actually..."

Joking apart - that squeezebox ain't the easiest thing to play IMHO. My baby steps into the folky realm have been taken with a melodica. I can't sing while I'm playing it, for me but the expressiveness of an acoustic breath-controller beats bellows any time.

Cheers, Mike.

...that squeezebox ain't the easiest thing to play IMHO.

If you're really going to play it, this is true. But anything you are producing with a two octave KB patch isn't going to include the left hand buttons anyway and can easily be done with the right hand on a piano accordion. A button accordion is a whole 'nother thing to learn.

The melodica suggestion is good, though.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

She's got an accordion, which is too cumbersome, and she needs to be able to sing, so the melodica is out. I would think any cheap Casio would have a decent accordion patch. Touch sensitivity would be nice, so she wouldn't have to use a volume pedal. It's a folk duo. They're both standing.

I've tried lots of electronic keyboard accordion voices, and most were crap. A full 5 octaves, but my old Yamaha PSR2000 arranger has a couple very usable accordion voices. That, or a similar, newer model could probably be found for under $500 used. A small 12 bass accordion might be a consideration also, if you can find a good one.

I've never been happy with accordion patches - and when I got into a real piano accordion a few years back it was a whole new world - it's a small to medium size 34 key model - maybe she needs a small(er) accordion -

and the audience reaction to a real accordion is exceptionally positive!!

I recently picked up a hohner wireless mic kit - just awesome to be able to move around the stage with that!

I confess that I only play 2-4 songs max at a time because it starts to hurt, although sitting down would relieve that...

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

Korg microX - has 25 keys and accordion patches from Triton

Korg X50 - not 3 octaves, but a really compact instrument nonetheless

Yamaha MX49 - patches from Motif XS, 49 keys

or.. get a Roland JV1010 (has fantastic accordion sounds,weights 3 pounds and is very cheap, I got mine for $80) and pair it with whatever 2-3 octave midi keyboard you fancy.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Archived