Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

first gig with new band tonight

Ross Brown

We are doing a 1 set opener. I joined a new band... a few weeks ago. Then I booked a gig.... just to see what they got... and if I still got it....

I will report back tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. Some Allmans, Cars, Foo Fighters, Stones, Clapton/Johnson, BB King, Van Morrision and finish with Superstition.... ala S. Wonder, sorta.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting gig.... Very light crowd... private club so that was not really anything we could help... in fact we were just opening for another band. The short summary is that we were ok but I certainly hope we get better. Guitar players need to communicate better. Front man did a nice job... (that is something you don't get from rehearsal). I played ok but made too many mistakes... Had trouble finding my groove... Drummer is good... wasn't his fault. I laid down a funkly line on Superstition along with the one guitar player.... the other guitar player struggles with the funk a little... oh well... Classic moment of the night for me was when the guitar player that uses a music stand turned the page of music during Sweet Home Alabama.... not very rock and roll... but whatever....
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Classic moment of the night for me was when the guitar player that uses a music stand turned the page of music during Sweet Home Alabama.... not very rock and roll... but whatever....

That's one of my pet peeves. The Bass Player/Lead Singer in my band uses a music stand, which to me looks horrible - front and center, looking down at a music stand. We've been on him to ditch the stand. I think it's a safety blanket. I've pitched the idea that by the first of 2014, no more stands. We'll see.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived