Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NotateMe Android/iOS App

davinwv

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely interested in learning more. If it works as well as claimed and will transcribe MIDI input, I'll be there! :thu:

As far as being a game changer ( :snax: ) or not - It may well do for the iPad what softsynths and DAWS have done, which is to make the iPad an even more irresistible musical tool. :cool:

><>

Steve

Game changer?

Discuss . . .

This looks interesting. I have Notion and Symphonix Evolution Pro - between the two Notion "looks" more professional, but Symphonix Evolution actually has more rock-solid MIDI implementation and support for import/export of MIDI and MusicXML files. But neither of them let you enter and edit notes in a way that looks as accessible at NotateMe (can't drag and drop notes, and you certainly can't just draw them on).

Thanks for my first GAS attack in a long time! I just purchased it and will play with it for a while and then report back in a few days.
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

over at the Sibelius user groups and forums the app has met with quite a lot of enthusiasim...not meant to compete with Sib or Finale, but useful for notating ideas while on the move...it even has a playback function.

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

This looks interesting. I have Notion and Symphonix Evolution Pro - between the two Notion "looks" more professional, but Symphonix Evolution actually has more rock-solid MIDI implementation and support for import/export of MIDI and MusicXML files. But neither of them let you enter and edit notes in a way that looks as accessible at NotateMe (can't drag and drop notes, and you certainly can't just draw them on).

A question for you; Between Symphonix Evolution and Notion, which does a better job of real-time input against the metronome using the onboard keyboard? And is it easy to edit single notes and transpose scores? Thanks, Dave.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

A question for you; Between Symphonix Evolution and Notion, which does a better job of real-time input against the metronome using the onboard keyboard? And is it easy to edit single notes and transpose scores? Thanks, Dave.

Just did a quick test. Symphonix Evolution seems to be more responsive to real-time input from the onscreen keyboard. When I tried to do the same on Notion, notes I played on the keyboard would only register once in a while. It could be that I configured something wrong.

I'm a little more used to Symphonix Evolution. To edit a note, all I have to do is touch it then a popup window lets me edit it quickly. To do the same in Notion does not seem as intuitive. I could change the pitch by touching it, then playing a note on the keyboard but that's it.

Just did a quick test. Symphonix Evolution seems to be more responsive to real-time input from the onscreen keyboard. When I tried to do the same on Notion, notes I played on the keyboard would only register once in a while. It could be that I configured something wrong.

I'm a little more used to Symphonix Evolution. To edit a note, all I have to do is touch it then a popup window lets me edit it quickly. To do the same in Notion does not seem as intuitive. I could change the pitch by touching it, then playing a note on the keyboard but that's it.

Thanks a lot for doing that. I appreciate it.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Archived