Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's Halloween avatar time again.

I guess it's the difference between counting and numerical value. Example, 128 patches that can be counted 0-127, or 1-128. Makes sense that 00 doesn't count when counting from that perspective. You're right, my confusion comes from more of my programing experience with choices of TRUE/FALSE....1 or 0, 2 choices.

Yeah, that 0 indexing of a list is a bugger sometimes too (which is basically what you are saying with 0-127 or 1-128). Many programming languages, have lists (arrays - or whatever) that start with the first element being at index 0 (so the nth element is at position n-1). What's even more 'awesome' in when some datatypes are indexed starting at 0, and some are indexed starting at 1. Copying between them, or working on them together, is just pure bliss.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• 10 months later...
I feel like there should be one of those zombie thread alerts posted in here. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think it's working.

http://xwsynth.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/10715658_10204837256115678_1528652725_n-e1412187974144.jpg

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Reminder to dB to change the banner at the top of the forum. There's a Halloween one, isn't there?

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ooo. I would love to jump onto this particular bandwagon, but am experiencing technical issues. When I tried it said I was using the wrong kind of picture. What is the best way to upload a profile picture? (Shame you can't just copy and paste) - are there any idiot proof instructions anywhere? Thanks. :)
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Ooo. I would love to jump onto this particular bandwagon, but am experiencing technical issues. When I tried it said I was using the wrong kind of picture. What is the best way to upload a profile picture? (Shame you can't just copy and paste) - are there any idiot proof instructions anywhere? Thanks. :)
Any image you use for an avatar must be hosted somewhere else (similar to the way images are in posts themselves). However, for the avatar, you want just the pure link that looks something like
http://myimageserver.com/spookyavie.jpg

So if you're using Flickr, you'd want to strip out all that other stuff that Flickr gives you to link back to their site and such.

Thank you Scary Joe. :) ; I just tried again. It is still saying improper picture.... Maybe it is too big? is there any way of finding out how many pixels a picture is, and of reducing it if necessary?
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Thank you Scary Joe. :) ; I just tried again. It is still saying improper picture.... Maybe it is too big? is there any way of finding out how many pixels a picture is, and of reducing it if necessary?

Link to the picture in your post, and we'll figure it out for you.

From the avatar settings panel:

"(Your image must be smaller than 140x140 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)"

Moe

---