Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia - iSEM for iPad

RedKey

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last I checked, iMini could not be set to respond to only a single MIDI channel, effectively meaning you can't run any other MIDI sound app at the same time, which greatly limits its usability. I hope that's being addressed. I'd rather see what they have already working right, instead of new products!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks, Dan !

Checked out the very thorough intro video, then downloaded iSEM. I played through several sounds using the iPad keyboard and speakers. Going to try it later with a controller and the cabinets in my workspace. So far it sounds quite good. I'll post more when I've spent some time with it. Good to have what seems a strong, OB model in the bag of tricks.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Very cool. I've never been crazy about the Arturia stuff. It's not so much dislike, just indifference. But, I've been getting some great sounds from the SEM V, from tubby fat basses, to aggressive OSC Sync leads. The routing matrix they added is awesome. The chorus and delay tend to produce a bit too much tone-suck, so I tend to leave those off.

Been playing with it for the last 30 mins. Already crashed 3 times but I am warming to this synth (the Voice Prog section is fantastic!). I do wish there were more modulation options but then it wouldn't be a SEM I suppose!

The SEM Pro looks like it has a lot of patching and modulations. That's been on my GAS list for a while.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Got mine Sunday. Been having fun with it since. :cool:

It's good for 4 voice polyphony on my iPad 2. If anyone had told me 35 years ago that I could get an Oberheim 4 voice for ten bucks I'd have wondered what drugs they were taking. Gotta love technology! :)

><>

Steve

Archived