Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC3 - Lost Dynamics - help

rockinredeye

Suggestions needed for my 4 year old PC3 w/KORE64, v.2.21. Last night at band practice (glad it wasn't a gig) I had no dynamics. No matter how softly I played, all notes were at the same level, regardless of which program. In Master Mode, changing the Velocity Map and Pressure Map did not have any effect. Turning off and back on - no change.

Playing piano with no dynamics sucks. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Kurzweil PC4

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you reset the keyboard?

PC3 Reset

Press the Reset soft button if you want to return your PC3Ks memory to the state it was in when you bought it.

CAUTION: Resetting the PC3K system causes ALL parameters to be restored to default values and ALL user objects to be erased. The PC3K will ask you if you want to delete everything (meaning all RAM objects), and a pair of Yes/No soft buttons will appear. Press No if you want to keep any objects you have saved. Press Yes, and everything stored in RAM will be erased. After a few seconds, the PC3K will return to the Program mode page.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Checked the PC3 again. Only keys C4 to G4 don't respond to dynamics. All 5 white keys are at MIDI velocity 93, black keys at 80. Calling Kurzweil support tomorrow.

This is interesting to me. I'm wondering if the problem turns out to be hardware or software related.

If it's just C4 to G4 that are affected and all 5 white keys hit velocity of 93 each time, but the black keys hit 80... and that's consistent, right?

As everybody knows, if one of the sensors that determines velocity is dirty, this can often be the culprit with notes being at 127 or 0 velocity.

But I don't think I could make my board hit 93 or 80 consistently if I tried.

Rockinredeye, I hope you will post again & let us know what the problem ends up being.

Thanks -

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived