Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

11 Steps

Six-string-man

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just downloaded a CD by forumite Craig Macdonald's band, 11 Steps. Very impressive.

Any chance of a follow up Craig, with better known Rock Classics on? I would certainly buy that.

SSM

SSM, thanks for downloading the CD and the shout out!!

(FYI, I think this kind of promotion is frowned upon) so I'll make this quick....

A different version of this band did a promo CD of classic rock cover tunes about 7-8 years ago, that was intended to get us work as part of our promo package.. I still have a few of these CD's if you want one PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.

Speakeasy music has one of the tunes off this CD that we recorded "green eyed lady" on their Virtual Jukebox (because I was using a Korg CX3 with a speakeasy preamp and 147 leslie).. you can listen to one song off the CD here (we recorded 12 songs live off the floor and mixed it in one weekend)..

http://media.speakeasyvintagemusic.com/2009/01/green-eyed-lady/

Different singer and drummer, but you get the idea!!

Thanks!!

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

SSM

(FYI, I think this kind of promotion is frowned upon) so I'll make this quick....

Ooops! Sorry, didn't realise that! Will PM you.

TO THE MODERATORS

Sorry if I broke any rules, I was just trying to be helpful, and share things with other forum members. It won't happen again.

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I am not a moderator, but I think I can help here.

Read #4 in the first post, and the paragraph immediately afterwards.

Forum policies

IOW, There is no issue with a member such as Six-string-man coming along and saying, "hey, I bought/heard this from a forumite and I think it's swell!" There's nothing wrong with said forumite replying with "hey, thanks!" either.

I'd say both of you are established enough that what happened above is totally cool.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am not a moderator, but I think I can help here.

Read #4 in the first post, and the paragraph immediately afterwards.

Forum policies

IOW, There is no issue with a member such as Six-string-man coming along and saying, "hey, I bought/heard this from a forumite and I think it's swell!" There's nothing wrong with said forumite replying with "hey, thanks!" either.

I'd say both of you are established enough that what happened above is totally cool.

Thanks a lot Joe, that's much appreciated,

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Archived