Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm still a doughnut snob

Dana.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, guys, I can't believe you're embarrassed about what kind of doughnuts you eat. Like anyone in the audience cares about what brand is imprinted on your doughnut. I don't know what kind of gigs you play, but as far as my gigs, nobody ever comes up and says, "Man, that Krispy Kreme sure looks good!" It's more like, "Man, you really know how to eat doughnuts!"

99% of people in the audience don't care what brand my doughnuts are. Like anyone ever notices the doughnut-eaters in the band anyway. If you want to be noticed in a band and get attention from the crowd, then you shouldn't be a doughnut eater. Or if you must be a doughnut eater, but crave attention from the crowd, get a dough-tar and a midi cable and step out front.

Stuff and things.

OMG, guys, I can't believe you're embarrassed about what kind of doughnuts you eat. Like anyone in the audience cares about what brand is imprinted on your doughnut. I don't know what kind of gigs you play, but as far as my gigs, nobody ever comes up and says, "Man, that Krispy Kreme sure looks good!" It's more like, "Man, you really know how to eat doughnuts!"

99% of people in the audience don't care what brand my doughnuts are. Like anyone ever notices the doughnut-eaters in the band anyway. If you want to be noticed in a band and get attention from the crowd, then you shouldn't be a doughnut eater. Or if you must be a doughnut eater, but crave attention from the crowd, get a dough-tar and a midi cable and step out front.

Well, yeah... I see your point. But, whether I'm eating in front of 5 or 5 thousand, what I taste is important to me. And while I'm pretty happy with my filled donuts, It's time for an upgrade in one area; think I'm gonna get me a new crueller.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

When I need "air" I tend to go with a French Cruller, though sometimes a raised donut will do the job. Whereas a solid, cake donut - with real icing or sprinkles, is the only choice for that classic, fat feeling.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Protocol states that it's extremely important to have a donut for each hand. Raise the donuts to your mouth slowly. Tilt your head at the proper donut angle. Insert both donuts simultaneously.

Otherwise you have violated the donut stereo sweet spot positioning rules and are hereby disqualified and banished to a life in mono-land eating just ONE donut at a time. :laugh:

I like da Krispy Kreme donuts. Gotta get 'em while they're hot! :love:

But if I find myself hungry, arriving at the airport and deboarding the plane ;)... and the only option is Cinama-bumz, I'll oblige my hunger pangs...

Of course, I'll hide with a piece of black tape over my eyez! No one will be the weiser. (Not Bud... Not Dave.) :)

And before you ask, I don't care what the other passengers think of my choice of bakery delights and its reflection on me and that it might just sully my otherwise pristine stereo-donut-eating reputation. I'll never see THOSE fools again. :snax:

http://cf.restaurantimages.menuism.com/cdGPIepTir3PY0aby-Fddz-caramel-pecanbon-cinnabon-450x354.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I'm not sure I agree. When I was growing up, Krispy Kreme made toy doughnuts for kids (they still do). So for some people in the audience, kid doughnuts = kid doughnut eater.

I know about the value argument - the amount of filling and glaze on a $1 KK doughnut beats anything on the market. And the weight - 1.6oz!

Some may say a $4.20 Poilane bakery doughnut has more bite, more substance, but that it's overpriced. For others, it's exactly the doughnut they want, and they're willing to pay $26 for it.

dough-tar

LOL. Better than a "strap-on 'nut"

Cheers. Mike.

This thing looks like a toy.

http://www.rheainjapan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/donut.jpg

Hahhahah! but does that effect your "taste perception" of it?

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

The best part is, the more doughnuts you eat, the more chicks are attracted to you.

Right?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived