Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tony Levin brings news

hurricane hugo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got to see King Crimson live, albeit without Tony Levin. It was one of the most impressive displays of musicianship that I've ever seen in a live performance. And the contrast between Robert Fripp playing against Adrian Belew was pretty amazing. Although seeing "Mr. Fripp" playing in his darkened corner of the stage was a bit bizarre. Still, I'd love to see another Crimson show with Tony Levin on bass and Chapman Stick!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

• 8 months later...

Peter Gabriel is running with Pino Palladino this time around because Mr. Levin couldn't coordinate his K.C. schedule like they tried to do in the old days (when they toured more often and thus knew everyone would get a chance to see them either way).

I haven't seen K.C. in a awhile, or Tony Levin either for that matter. I really like what they've been up to lately and I missed the double rhythm section while it was touring. This one might be worth checking out; the touring days may be numbered.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 1 month later...

I got to see King Crimson live, albeit without Tony Levin. It was one of the most impressive displays of musicianship that I've ever seen in a live performance. And the contrast between Robert Fripp playing against Adrian Belew was pretty amazing. Although seeing "Mr. Fripp" playing in his darkened corner of the stage was a bit bizarre. Still, I'd love to see another Crimson show with Tony Levin on bass and Chapman Stick!

Hell, the drummers are up front this time, with everyone else behind them!

Tony says.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived