Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recent Kurz patches through Studio processing

Theo Verelst

It has to be not boring, and at the same time educational to bring this up again, but I think it is.

I made three programs work at the same time: a bass sound, played on the PC3(-76) keyboard, an epiano sound, played on the Yamaha 88 board (via two usb midi links coupled by a fast Linux machine), and a drum set patch, played by ROM tune "Ballad-4" (or 3 or 5 , I don't recall).

The studio processing chain (which I mentioned in a recent thread) has mainly" high. mid and low-mid-tube, and low-mid per-subband dynamic processing based on FFT mastering effects, and in this case also a subtracted multi-compression effect (but not full range, between about 100 to about a few kHz IIRC). First, there's a extremely little example passing through the processing from Creedence (Born on the Bayou), then the PC3 analog stereo output is connected to the studio chain through a computer 192/24 AD converter. The chain is a bit of a delay, yet I play this piece live:

hpc3bayou1.mp3 44.1 kHz, stereo, 256 kbps 1min 35s (attention: probably a bit on the loud side)

OF course there are some interesting aspects here. That includes that somehow once more the Kurz seems to think in the types of processing I use. And that it does some very weird things again, which of course I was searching out doing this experiment.

So it may not interest you, but then again that *sound* is getting good. Try that on *anything* esle. Seriously, try and let me hear it, too!

Theo V.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived