Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The best EQ plugin I have ever used! - and its free

just wanted to drop you guys all a line about a EQ plugin I found

http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~mcraig/projects/paris/

its from the paris eq, ported to VST. I don't know if you guys have used paris, but this is great.

it acts a little funky though, you have to be carefull about how much boost you use or it distors- in a good way but you do have to look at what your doing. What I was really suprised with though, is the high end, take it up to 10KHZ and crank it 8 db, and it is smooth as silk.

anyway , I just though I would pass it on. As far as I knwo you can use it with and VST host.

try it its worth your time.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interested to see what others think, but I have used the renisance EQ a bit, but mostly the cubase one, blue audio the nuendo ones (same as cubase?) the Q and q meteric for wavelab.

this is the one I can see useing the most.

I have a UAD-1 and have the pultec (peq-1) I think - honestly don't find it that usefull.

I don't have cambridge- so I can't compare.

anyway like I said I love this eq, paticualy the high end. and it can do some odd distortion tricks, would be interesting to use on a distortion GTR, or a big fat drum kit.

talk to you all later.

BIg K

token canadian

Originally posted by Anderton:

PARIS was a fantastic system. It got a really raw deal from fate. I want to sell my system but am having a hard time bringing myself to do so...

Yes Craig, it was a heck of a system; I remember you coming to Detroit to Wonderland Music and giving a PARIS Seminar in 1998 or thereabouts.....
This way, no, wait, that way!

Yes, I recall giving about a dozen seminars or so on the system. I had a great time doing them, it was always fun showing the trick with splitting the mono guitar into stereo via frequency :)

We had a rackmount computer, shockmounted, travelworthy, blah blah blah that ALWAYS got trashed when moving from one date to the next. At almost all the seminars, there was frantic computer reconstruction going on until just before the seminar started. There were even a couple times when I had to do the seminar on a borrowed PC instead of a Mac -- I'm so glad PARIS got the cross-platform thing right or I would have been in REAL trouble .

Archived