Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

She sings multiple notes at the same time!?!?

MusicaL

Several weeks ago, someone posted a video performance of Snarky Puppy. I got hooked and have been listening to this band almost non-stop!

The band is now touring, but, has recently completed a new project which they're apparently rolling out one video at a time! They just released a video of a tune called "Something" with a vocalist by the name of Lalah Hathaway where she "sings" multiple notes at a time!! The performance is very good but that last bit of vocal trickery starting around 6:10 is just astounding!

The drummer's reaction is classic!!!

Besides all that there's a ton of great keyboard action, Piano, Rhodes, B3 and Synth!!!

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do that.

Some of my wind writing is that way too.

Start out with Bartolozzi "New Sounds for Woodwind" for fingerings. Your recruits are gone shit, but it really works.

E.M. Skinner, Casavant, Schlicker, Hradetzky, Dobson, Schoenstein, Abbott & Sieker.

Builder of tracker action and electro-pneumatic organs, and a builder of the largest church pipe organ in the world.

Tuvan throat singing, and yes, David Lee Roth. Those weirdo Mr. Bill like screams and yelps of his were unearthly for their overtones, weren't they?

Snarky Puppy are awesome. They played here a couple of months back then announced a secret show the following night. Went to that too, 12-4am, 4 hours of madness. It was fantastic.

I've heard of the two note singing being done before, but I thought it was extremely rare. Monks used to train themselves to do that or something. I find it quite creepy!

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Archived