Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos Set Lists and files

J. Dan

I've been storing separate files for my 5pc band and my duo, since my duo uses sequences, and the songs need to be loaded. Preload is the stuff for the 5pc, duo load should overwrite and load songs.

That said, I'm starting to have some weird things happen. The one that puzzles me the most is losing saved set lists. I don't know how this is happening. Doesn't seem like that should have to do with preload or loading samples or sequences. I've also lost some samples along the way that used to load and don't anymore. I suppose I can figure out the samples but I'm confused by the set lists. Help?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dan! I hope it is okay for me to hijack, and btw did you found the answers to your set list/files issues?

It seems that you do a lot of sequencing and sound editing on the Kronos. Do you use a PC editor or software? If not, how are the ergonomics using the touch screen for long hours?

I never figured out what happened to my missing set lists.

The onboard sequencer is about as good as can be expected, but i try to do as much as possible in cakewalk before flying it in. I set the kronos to an initialized combi and try to get things as close to correct as possible in the remote sequence. I then fly it in as an SMF, import into a song, import the needed IFX and MfX and do final tweaking.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived