Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio PX-5S may not be arriving in UK anytime soon

Keyboard-girl

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DV247 are showing as in stock.

DV247 was owned by Digital Village, they folded in May this year. The name was bought by a German company, Music Store, or something similar. I imagine that they (like Thomann) would have stock. That doesn't mean that the stock is necessarily in the UK!

I'm not even sure that DV247 have a physical presence in the UK, it's possible that it's just an internet entity over here. Can't say for sure though

DV247 are showing as in stock.

DV247 was owned by Digital Village, they folded in May this year. The name was bought by a German company, Music Store, or something similar. I imagine that they (like Thomann) would have stock. That doesn't mean that the stock is necessarily in the UK!

I'm not even sure that DV247 have a physical presence in the UK, it's possible that it's just an internet entity over here. Can't say for sure though

I think that the Romford store is still open.

Gear4music.com has it listed as delivery by Oct 1, so presumably they have stock too. But I guess from your comments that you really want to play one before laying out the dosh. I agree, that may be difficult but at least with Gear4music you could return it without incurring overseas postal charge.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Gear4music.com has it listed as delivery by Oct 1, so presumably they have stock too. But I guess from your comments that you really want to play one before laying out the dosh. I agree, that may be difficult but at least with Gear4music you could return it without incurring overseas postal charge.

Actually Aidan, that's really helpful. The distributor I contacted is in Leeds. I can make York (where Gear4music are) in just over an hour, and Leeds is only 20 miles from there, so I could do both in the one day, and if they both have stock, maybe I could get them in a bidding war for my custom!

Always assuming I like the action, of course!

BTW, Gear4music pride themselves on their 24/48 hour delivery service, so they probably won't have it in for a day or two yet.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether Gear4Music has an actual store at that address but no doubt they'll clarify that over the phone if you're not sure yourself. Me, I'm holding out until I can play BOTH the PX-5S AND the CP4!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

The only thing I'm not sure is whether Gear4Music has an actual store at that address but no doubt they'll clarify that over the phone if you're not sure yourself. Me, I'm holding out until I can play BOTH the PX-5S AND the CP4!

Yes, the store is there, we've been a few times. It was re-furbished last year, and is now a lot bigger. They do guitars, drums, and loads of speakers, both amp type, and p/a, and nearfield monitors.

There is a good sized keyboard section, but it's very Yamaha-centric, with the occasional Nord. Never seen a Korg in there.

Their delivery policy is brilliant, they will drop anything off at your house or work, and pick it up after a few days if you call and say you don't like it.

The MOXF8, with the flash memory fitted, might also be worth looking at.

Hopefully Mike Martin will be along shortly to answer your question.

Six-string-man was in touch with Mike on a different thread, a while back. Even though he has his finger on the pulse about all things Casio in the USA, he has no knowledge of what happens in Europe. Seems like a lovely bloke though.

Archived