Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lots of great modern B3 players but here's the master

Jazzmammal

I think there's more B3 threads here than anything else so I've got a treat for you guys. I'm always lurking on YT hunting for the good stuff and found this Jimmy Smith live in Germany show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nl67fgHBJ4

This is the entire show and the video and audio quality is pretty good for an old show. The only thing that is typical of YT vids, the audio sync is way off so what you do is find a YT downloader plugin for your browser and dl this thing and then play it in either Windows Media Player Classic or VLC. Both of those have real time controls to time shift the audio. This vid I had to offset by -400ms. That's a lot. Do that and suddenly you can grasp everything he's doing. I say grasp, I'm not saying we all can play it but at least grasp it...

As far as the concert goes all I can say is wow, wow and wow. He is absolutely on top of his game here, playing his butt off, joking with the audience and the other guys and putting on the best show I think I've ever seen him do.

This vid is one reason why JoeyD said in an interview that Jimmy could kick his ass any time he felt like it.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a question whether downloaders violate YT copyright rules or not so I don't want to post it here. Whatever browser you use just do a search for a YT downloader plugin for that browser.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

That is so great! Thanks for posting. Jimmy's playing in this is awesome! Best I've heard live.
PC3X, PC1se, NE2 61, DSI P08, ARP Odyssey MkII 2810, ARP Little Brother, Moog Slim Phatty, Doepfer Dark Energy, Arturia MiniBrute, Microkorg, Motion Sound KP200S,

Archived