Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody want to move to St. Louis?

J. Dan

Just to keep it somewhat confidential, I won't list the band name in this thread, but was talking to my old band and they still are looking for a different keyboard player. They play too much for me.

Seriously, if music is your full time thing, they make enough to do it full time. You must be good at synth programming/sequencing, and must be a good singer. If you're interested, PM me.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, Dan... there's a business opportunity for ya here (albeit shameful, but era appropriate).... Rent / sell them a rig, sequence all the parts for all the tunes & tell them to hire another girl singer that looks like a million bucks & have her mime the kbd parts. (don't forget to set local off on the boards!). You make extra bread for work you do in your spare time & their marketability goes way up. Win win. ;)

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

You had me until "must be a good singer." :D

That's been the problem. When I left they auditioned all kinds of great keyboard players but none of them could cut it with the vocals.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Ya know, Dan... there's a business opportunity for ya here (albeit shameful, but era appropriate).... Rent / sell them a rig, sequence all the parts for all the tunes & tell them to hire another girl singer that looks like a million bucks & have her mime the kbd parts. (don't forget to set local off on the boards!). You make extra bread for work you do in your spare time & their marketability goes way up. Win win. ;)

After I left the band, when the new guy wasn't getting up to speed, I recorded a bunch of my parts for them (about a dozen) and they ran tracks with him either playing over them or faking it. From what I understand, they're still using about 6 of them and he's been with them for about a year and a half now.

Dan

...and I gave them all my sequences as SMF's, and the new guy came over to my house and paid me to spend a few hours with him teaching him how to use the Kronos. I wasn't using it in the old band or else I could have just sold him all the patches and sequences for it.

Dan

I've always enjoyed my visits to St. Louis. City of my first ELP concert, had a blast playing there a couple of times, and you guys always have a good baseball team (unlike the team on the North side of Chicago). However, I would not enjoy singing and sequencing in any city.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

We left Florissant, Mo. for LA on Jan. 1 1979...ain't going back. ;)

Although I do like our visits to the Lake St. Louis area where my wife's sister lives. Maybe if I could get a house near that Katy Trail I'd consider it. Great place to run and bike. Cold and humid though. Going on 35 years out here, we're spoiled weather wise. On second thought, never mind. :D

City of my first ELP concert

Me too! 1971, Kiel Opera House, 1st American tour?

I wish! I was a nine-year-old kid taking piano lessons from our church choir director at that time, and didn't discover ELP until I joined my first band, around 1978. Of course ELP broke up around then so I had to wait until their Black Moon tour of 1992 to see them. Drove the 4.5 hours to St. Louis because I had a gig the following night, when they visited Chicago.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I saw my first Rush concert at Kiel Opera house. It recently re-opened as the Peabody opera house.

clonk

Dan

Archived