Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Like a Bridge

Theo Verelst

Hi all

Apart from the, possibly natural, desire to sound like R. Tee on the famous Simon and Garfunkel tune, I think it is a good idea to test out instruments with the most advanced music of certain styles.

So here is a new piano I've worked on for the Kurzes (not LE thus far), which is really not easy enough to get at (meaning: don't try this at home if your programmers' ego is frail, I'm not kidding), and which I test (I didn't practice except once, but I knew the song when the "Live in C.P." album was just out and taught myself how to play it shortly after) with a part of "Bridge over Troubles Water":

troubledwater.mp3 44.1kHz stereo 121s 256kbps (recorded straight from PC3 unbal. analog out, no edits or processing at all)

No points if you point out the obvious sound limitations (about twice I think), kudos if you can properly lay down a description of the style matches and mismatches in this piece, and points if you can pinpoint the (deliberate, believe me) 3 errors.

Sounds' not for download, sorry, I'll maybe next week make some e- and a- piano sample downloads which only work in one octave.

T.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived