Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland EM 2000

mikke

Hi to you all from New Zealand, where the next America's cup will be, (hopefully).

Just thinking about purchasing a Roland EM 2000 keyboard for approx $380 US.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with it? If so, I would love to hear from you.

regards,

Mike.

now playing PA4X and Tyros 4.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, but not current. It's an arranger keyboard with internal speakers that is no longer made. Good basic sounds that are not editable. It uses Zip100 disks which are also out of date. I thought I was the only person who used one about 14 years ago, and I nearly was. I don't know what to tell you about it except that if you like it and everything works then it's prolly worth the bucks.

Here's a tip - make sure you go through and tighten all the screws in the keyboard's cabinet regularly. I found that the internal speaker system would loosen the screws over time and they would fall out, or at minimum cause an unpleasant rattle while you were playing.

Hello Jim Eshleman,

thankyou for your feedback.

I think I will go ahead and get on the basis of what you have said.

I have been trying to get some 100 zip disks but they are like hens teeth. I can get 250 mb discs and a 250 mb drive Ok and will investigate whether I can swop the drives on the keyboard without upsetting the electronics.

regards,

Mike.

now playing PA4X and Tyros 4.

Archived