Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Keyboard Magazine

Six-string-man

Of all the magazines that I have subscribed to, music-related and not, the one constant since the mid-80s has been Keyboard. At times when I've pared down because of time constraints, I've kept Keyboard.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take great pride in having every issue since the mag started. To me, it's a reference library, and I've learned a ton from it over the years. It's tax deductible. It caters to geeks like us. Subscribe & support the darn thing already! :thu:

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

I take great pride in having every issue since the mag started.

That's amazing--where do you store them all?

I have a decent collection from the mid-80's to early 90's, then took a break and started up again several years ago.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I used to have a big collection from the 80s, but they're all gone now except the few issues with Tony Banks on the cover. :)

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I don't understand why this isn't worth $1 per issue (less than the price of a bottled water/coffee, soft drink, etc.). I think it's a great value and an enjoyable read.

To be clear, KB is the ONLY magazine I subscribe to. I like it, but I am also pointing out that its content is not as amazing as it once was.

I used to have a big collection from the 80s, but they're all gone now except the few issues with Tony Banks on the cover.

http://eil.com/images/main/Genesis+-+Keyboard+-+MAGAZINE-552866.jpg

Another Genesis fan? :thu:

I have that copy somewhere as well.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

My big disappointment is that somewhere along the way, the Soundpages I had vanished. They're probably hidden somewhere in the house, but it's not a big house.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I don't understand why this isn't worth $1 per issue (less than the price of a bottled water/coffee, soft drink, etc.). I think it's a great value and an enjoyable read.

To be clear, KB is the ONLY magazine I subscribe to. I like it, but I am also pointing out that its content is not as amazing as it once was.

Agreed!

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I take great pride in having every issue since the mag started. To me, it's a reference library, and I've learned a ton from it over the years. It's tax deductible. It caters to geeks like us. Subscribe & support the darn thing already! :thu:

Me too! I started subscribing in 1977 and bought the earlier back issues to have the complete collection! They all fit on a bookcase in my project studio. I've been an Keyboard Mag addict for decades and love reading the old issues and looking at the ads.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

With Keyboard Magazine and Golf Digest, I really have no reason to come out of the bathroom.

:)

Oh Bruttah!

:facepalm: Just remember to wash you hands, please.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

With Keyboard Magazine and Golf Digest, I really have no reason to come out of the bathroom.

:)

Oh Bruttah!

:facepalm: Just remember to wash you hands, please.

Actually, I do have a reason to come out: BEER. :love:

R/H tonight, gig tomorrow. Life is good. Happy Friday!

R/H tonight

Right hand?

Now THAT'S funny! :laugh:

I usually plan on washing BOTH hands before leaving the bathroom. :/

:blush:

Ummmm, well, it TAKES two hands to handle a Whopper... don't-cha-know? :)

Yeah! :snax:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived