Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Should you practice jazz while eating a Big Mac?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have often wondered about all of the young kids shooting up places and causing mayhem might have some connection to the food they are eating with Big Macs.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Practicing Jazz is probably better for you than eating Big Macs. You shouldn't need a metronome for either.

You definitely shouldn't practice law or medicine with a metronome. But sadly, that's how it's done. All I ever get from them is a few quick bars of nothing but clams and a bill.

--wmp

Practicing Jazz is probably better for you than eating Big Macs. You shouldn't need a metronome for either.

You definitely shouldn't practice law or medicine with a metronome. But sadly, that's how it's done. All I ever get from them is a few quick bars of nothing but clams and a bill.

Always pay your lawyer

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Should you practice jazz while eating a Big Mac? This question has been on my mind for a while now.

Not if your keyboard has a touch screen.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

You shouldn't have posted that.

Now... I'm hungry. :laugh:

(Both Hardees and RMI (Rocky Mount Instruments) were headquartered in my little NC hometown. I'm not sure if I should boast... or hide.) :cool:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I had a no-patty Big Mac for the first time yesterday. Pretty good, I guess. Kind of like a grilled cheese with lettuce, onions, pickles and sauce.

What's the point?

Actually, I prefer a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. I'm diabetic (Type I), so short term, I need to make sure I don't consume too many carbs at one time, and the Big Mac has that extra non-functional bun in the middle. Of course, before anybody chimes in, yes, I DO realize I'm sacrificing my heart, arteries, and possibly other vital organs in the process, especially since diabetics are at higher risk for high cholesterol..yada, yada, yada...but my Blood Glucose Level is good!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Only you're playing that old MacDonalds ad set to Mack The Knife...

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Weird thing.. I wrote my best stuff after a late night trip to Burger King, consuming a double whopper and a 32-oz cup of Barq's root beer. Of course, that was around 80 lbs ago :laugh:

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Archived