Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE3 Pedal Wah with Roland EV5 pedal

Phred

I have been trying to use my Roland EV5 pedal to control the pedal wah on my NE3, and it works great on Clav.

However, I am trying to now use the pedal wah on Organ. On my old NE2, this worked GREAT (same pedal). Unfortunately on the NE3 the control pedal appears to be performing double duty, as both a wah pedal and a swell pedal. In other words in addition to wah-ing my sound, it also makes it louder/softer.

Any advice?

(my control pedal type on the NE3 is set to RO(roland))

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's too bad. My old NE2 did it perfectly, disabling the swell when the wah effect was on. I wonder why they changed it for the ne3? I too am using it for won't get fooled again.

I currently only use the swell pedal for Organ, so my plan is to use an Organ sample, (I will have to find one as I currently don't appear to have one on board my NE3) and wah that. That should be a decent work around.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

... my plan is to use an Organ sample, (I will have to find one as I currently don't appear to have one on board my NE3) and wah that. That should be a decent work around.

That's a bit of genius right there.

I just listened to some of the samples in the Nord library- my first choice would be the Godwin Symphony "Organ Classic" from their Synth library.

Actually, being monotimbral, I dont see the necessity of having two control pedal inputs... Just find dumb that they scaled the NE3 down on that too comparing with the NE2, where, even when playing organ, if pedal wah is activated, it does not affect volume...

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Archived