Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar android applications

Thomas89

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Thomas89,

I can't point you to any specific Android apps, but here's a website that's a major center for all kinds of music-related software. It's a good, safe site that's been operating for a long time, so I feel confident recommending it.

Hitsquad.com

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Welcome aboard Thomas89! I'm still resisting the new world, but I know some of our app users will respond. I have seen apps for tuners which might come in handy if I ever forget mine, I'll bet there are some chord finders out there. The GPS would be handy so you can find your way to the gig, although I just use my GPS...One very cool app if you are playing in a foreign country is the translator for communicating with people on the street, reading road signs and plane schedules, etc...

ps. I'm just throwing out some apps in general as I wouldn't know an Android from a Blackberry... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Ya, one is caled JamBox which is great for identifying chords. Tilt or shake the phone to hear how they sound. The other one is Robotic Guitarist, which turns your phone into a virtual fretboard. Strum across the screen to hear the chord.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

As quick reference tools, definitely. I haven`t been able to access their full potential as I`d like, for a very good reason. The time when I need them most is when I don`t have a guitar. That tends to be because I`m at work. If I want to get in trouble as fast as possible, a good start is making guitar riffs with my phone that are audible in the office.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived