Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ot: weird guitar ad

jeremy c

I just clicked on an advertisement link for a guitar.

Very strange:

Solid Hardwood Body

Solid body construction on most electric guitars allows for a strong and rugged instrument, and is less expensive to create than a hollow-bodied acoustic guitar.

Maple Neck

The extension with strings where the fingers are placed to play notes. Maple construction is a strong material to withhold the tension the strings put on the neck.

Rosewood Fingerboard

Also known as the fretboard, this rests on top of the neck.

Die-Cast Chrome Tuners

Tuners are the pegs at the end of the guitar that allow the strings to be individually tuned.

Not only that, but it's a really ugly guitar (unless you live in Green Bay, Wisconsin).

flying cheese wedge guitar

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That may be the stupidest guitar I've ever seen and I've seen Rick Nielsen's guitars.

I don't think it's really that bad but you'd probably have to explain to people that those are not soap bubbles. I'd be worried about the lack of wood mass behind the bridge.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Not only that, but it's a really ugly guitar (unless you live in Green Bay, Wisconsin).

I think you hit the nail on the head. This is likely not being marketed to musicians. So they are using very basic things as "features" for somebody who is a non-musician. This looks to me to be a novelty. Their market is Packers fans, not musicians.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Merciful heavens, it's $500. I can think of soooooooo many other ways to spend that kind of money other than buying a Lego cheese guitar.

PS. I bet GHS loves this endorsement:

GHS Strings

GHS is a top brand in the global market of guitar strings.

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

Perhaps this is the only person less qualified to describe (or make) a guitar:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbxicbahf4c

Honest to God - I'm watching this video and the camera pans to the tail. I first see the electrical cord and i chuckle. Then I see the way the wires are routed and my eyes widen. I quietly say 'no..no...' as it's plugged in. I squint like a kid at the theater in the 50s watching 'The Blob' for the first time. I want to look away, but I just can't.

Hell of a tone, though. :rawk:

Play. Just play.

This is likely not being marketed to musicians. So they are using very basic things as "features" for somebody who is a non-musician. This looks to me to be a novelty. Their market is Packers fans, not musicians.
This.

A portion of the proceeds got to a charity, so the hope is the Green Bay fans, not just guitar players, will buy this as a novelty, to root for their team, and to throw a few bucks at a good cause.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived